Does anyone know what the contract is for this? I went to the link and chatted with a sales person who said the phone was locked, and I would have to contact AT&T for contract info:

"There is no specific information on the contract. Contract is available through AT&T.
You will get the details through AT&T carrier support."

so you cant just buy it and use it on StraightTalk

jimtron said:   Does anyone know what the contract is for this? I went to the link and chatted with a sales person who said the phone was locked, and I would have to contact AT&T for contract info:

"There is no specific information on the contract. Contract is available through AT&T.

This is locked on to AT&T so if you have an AT&T service it is just a matter of switching your SIM card to it and it will work - IEME numbers automatically detected by AT&T. You can adjust IEME numbers by calling AT&T or going into an AT&T store - they will even change your SIM card if you ask them for Free, No activation fees charged. If you decided to get a new number and add to your plan AT&T will try to charge you with activation fee (bring your own device) but you certainly could talk them out of it at the store.

If non AT&T - and would like to switch to AT&T - this qualifies a s bring your own device.
​if non AT&T - and don't like to switch to AT&T - you can use other services that uses AT&T network - like Straight Talk but may need to tweak something - ie. unlock, new SIM required.

​I have not checked but maybe this qualifies for the Free VR too (after sales promo).

Hope this helps.

GuyFromNJ said:   
jimtron said:   Does anyone know what the contract is for this? I went to the link and chatted with a sales person who said the phone was locked, and I would have to contact AT&T for contract info:

This is locked on to AT&T so if you have an AT&T service it is just a matter of switching your SIM card to it and it will work - IEME numbers automatically detected by AT&T. You can adjust IEME numbers by calling AT&T or going into an AT&T store - they will even change your SIM card if you ask them for Free, No activation fees charged. If you decided to get a new number and add to your plan AT&T will try to charge you with activation fee (bring your own device) but you certainly could talk them out of it at the store.

If non AT&T - and would like to switch to AT&T - this qualifies a s bring your own device.
​if non AT&T - and don't like to switch to AT&T - you can use other services that uses AT&T network - like Straight Talk but may need to tweak something - ie. unlock, new SIM required.

​I have not checked but maybe this qualifies for the Free VR too (after sales promo).

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I currently use Cricket, I've heard that's owned by AT&T so hopefully I would be good to go without having to unlock? 

jimtron said:   
GuyFromNJ said:   

​if non AT&T - and don't like to switch to AT&T - you can use other services that uses AT&T network - like Straight Talk but may need to tweak something - ie. unlock, new SIM required.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I currently use Cricket, I've heard that's owned by AT&T so hopefully I would be good to go without having to unlock? 

Correct.  I have Cricket also.  AT&T phones will work.

Thanks.

Galaxy S7 is out of stock. The S7 Edge is in stock for $494.99. http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/galaxy-s/samsung-galaxy-...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017