Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — May. 28, 2017 @ 2:36am
rated:
These are regularly $1 from T-Mobile or even free.

rated:
Dealpouncer said:   These are regularly $1 from T-Mobile or even free.

No, those are the prepaid SIMs. You're thinking of a different product. These are pretty useful for bypassing the $20 or so activation fee. Note that you need to *call in* to activate these SIMs; if you do it in-store they'll charge you for a new sim anyway.

rated:
bppcomplete said:   

No, those are the prepaid SIMs. You're thinking of a different product. These are pretty useful for bypassing the $20 or so activation fee. Note that you need to *call in* to activate these SIMs; if you do it in-store they'll charge you for a new sim anyway.

Wrong. They will charge you $20 activation instore. No matter what. Even their employees have to pay this out of pocket fee. Most the time their "call in" would waive this fee over the phone. So their instores always recommend you to call in after to ask for waiver. They can't do anything at the store, even if you bring your own sim.

The "regularly" $1 is no longer regularly. Tmobile $1 sim is rare now. Forget about "even Free.

rated:
Can this be used to port over to TMobile keeping my same number?

rated:

no more....

rated:
joecoon said:   Can this be used to port over to TMobile keeping my same number?
  yes

just checked, and T-Mobile website raised the price to $25 for the sim kit, now "discounted" to $10

rated:
microkelvin said:   
bppcomplete said:   

Wrong. They will charge you $20 activation instore. No matter what. Even their employees have to pay this out of pocket fee. Most the time their "call in" would waive this fee over the phone. So their instores always recommend you to call in after to ask for waiver. They can't do anything at the store, even if you bring your own sim.

The "regularly" $1 is no longer regularly. Tmobile $1 sim is rare now. Forget about "even Free.

Costco and get $25 mail in rebate per new line instead.

rated:
No need to buy SIM card for new phone activation. Just bought S7 for $360 at Costco about 2 weeks ago. Got free SIM card and $25 mail in rebate.

rated:
docjoo said:   No need to buy SIM card for new phone activation. Just bought S7 for $360 at Costco about 2 weeks ago. Got free SIM card and $25 mail in rebate.
  That deal has sailed, but yes, Costco gives you a sim.

rated:
will this work on Ringplus ??

rated:
trumpotron said:   will this work on Ringplus ??
  Only on the Mad Post Apocalypse Plan, for which you need to be Member+, and signups for the plan occur between 3:17 AM and 3:19 AM on Tuesdays on which there is a full moon.

rated:
bppcomplete said:   

The prepaid and postpaid SIMs aren't the same? I know they label them differently but I could have sworn that I used a prepaid in a phone on my postpaid plan a few years ago with no difficulty. (Although buying them directly from T-Mobile might require some sort of activation before you buy, so I don't know about that.)

rated:
The prepaid and postpaid SIMs are interchangeable, I have used several prepaid SIMs on our postpaid lines with no trouble. Some store employees make a big deal out of it, but that is a lack of knowledge and nothing more.

It also doesn't make a difference if the device is a phone or data only, they can be used for either.

rated:
spdracer5g said:   The prepaid and postpaid SIMs are interchangeable, I have used several prepaid SIMs on our postpaid lines with no trouble. Some store employees make a big deal out of it, but that is a lack of knowledge and nothing more.

It also doesn't make a difference if the device is a phone or data only, they can be used for either.

So if I use my T-Mobile phone SIM on a tablet, I should be able to stream videos without worrying if T-Mobile will take action against for using voice line as a data line?

rated:
thanks i just signed up for the appocalypse plan...13 terrabytes a month,,slowed to 5G after data is used up,, 5 min talk,,and 2 texts free..all on their new on 6G LTE network,,,

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017