posted 18 days ago by
dilbert

Just installed my new HP inkjet printer that is eligible for HP Instant Ink. You can sign up for a plan that includes the following pages per month:
50 @ $2.99/month
100 @ $4.99/month
300 @ 9.99/month

The printer came with a 3 month free trial.
I used promo code 6freeink for another 6 months free
I used a referral code from a friend for another 1 free month

That's a total of 10 months.  Even though the HP website says promo codes won't stack, they did.

Since I was getting the free months, I signed up for the highest plan of 300 pages per month, as the free trial applies to whichever plan you choose. You can change your plan at any time.
Monthly Summary Mar 4, 2017 - Apr 3, 2017
=22px3=14px pages $0.00 (No charge for regular pages until Jan 4, 2018)

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/instant-ink/overview.html

6 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Only good for initial purchase / setup of instant ink.

rated:

ink (32.35kB)
Disclaimer
Don't forget to ask someone who is already using the Instant Ink plan to send you the code for a free month.

I signed up on March 4 and received the first box of black, cyan, magenta and yellow cartrides yesterday. They've got a date of 2018/12 on them.

rated:
Anyway to enter code without entering credit card first? Do you have a 1 month free code? Thanks

rated:
rdege said:   Anyway to enter code without entering credit card first? Do you have a 1 month free code? Thanks
  See PM.

I tried without a credit card but it's required. I always use a virtual account number from my Citicard account with limited funds and expiration in two months when signing up for something like this.

rated:
They will send you the initial refills right away, but don't start charging you until you actually use them (plus however many free months you score). My starter cartridges lasted almost a year, so I was in no rush to start the subscription.

Don't think you can outsmart them by cancelling after you receive your ink refills. The cartridges will stop working when you cancel the subscription.

rated:
You will be constantly monitored by HP. If your printer is ever disconnected from the internet, the ink cartridges are disabled till you call them....yet you will continue to be charged (from their terms of service).

The only reason to use this much ink is if you're a small business. They can't afford to have their printer disabled after every internet or power outage.
It sounds incredibly intrusive. HP can even monitor what types of documents you print (and probably what's in them).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017