Lowest price ever and so good.
linkymoo 

Views
23 Comments
Add Comment
These are my favorite ramen noodle (I get the normal pack, not the bowl).  I add onions, bell pepper, and whatever meat I might have left over from the night before (add egg if no meat available). Very tasty. If noodles are too spicy, just use less of the spice packet.

linrick said:   Lowest price ever and so good.
linkymoo

2012 Chefs Best Award by American Culinary Institute

what happened the past 5 years? other brands got best awards instead?

these bowls are not like the regular packs. I don't think they are very good.

ubermoonknight said:   These are my favorite ramen noodle (I get the normal pack, not the bowl).  I add onions, bell pepper, and whatever meat I might have left over from the night before (add egg if no meat available). Very tasty. If noodles are too spicy, just use less of the spice packet.
  If you're lucky enough to live near a Wegmans, they sell a 10-pack of these (also 4.2 oz. packs, not the bowls) for $7.99.  We cook a bag of frozen mixed vegetables (and leftover cooked meat if available) and add it to the cooked soup which we make with double the amount of water called for, and one spice packet.  Not only do we get several bowls of soup out of one pack, the additional water and vegetables make it healthier with less sodium per serving while still spicy and delicious. 

You folks have go to try the Nongshim Shin Black Noodle... what can I say... once you go black you ain't going back

itnewgrad said:   You folks have go to try the Nongshim Shin Black Noodle... what can I say... once you go black you ain't going back
  LOL.  I must be the only one don't care for the black Nongshim.  It lacks flavor to me as I like them spicy hot.

Love ramen so I'm gonna give this a try.

Thanks!

My favorate noodle for sure. This is the only food i ever bought online

I've always had the regular ones, not the bowl.  So I'm in for this, given that 12 pack is less than 75 cents each!

linrick said:   
itnewgrad said:   You folks have go to try the Nongshim Shin Black Noodle... what can I say... once you go black you ain't going back
  LOL.  I must be the only one don't care for the black Nongshim.  It lacks flavor to me as I like them spicy hot.

Yeah ditto for me. The Black Noodle seems to have a different flavoring package that tries to make it seem more miso-like, but the flavor isn't as intense as the standard Red. They both taste good to me, but the Reds are just as good and often cheaper on the average.

Black's 2nd soup based on beef bone or something smooths off the spiciness and add depth to flavor I reckon.

Dilly101 said:   
ubermoonknight said:   These are my favorite ramen noodle (I get the normal pack, not the bowl).  I add onions, bell pepper, and whatever meat I might have left over from the night before (add egg if no meat available). Very tasty. If noodles are too spicy, just use less of the spice packet.
  If you're lucky enough to live near a Wegmans, they sell a 10-pack of these (also 4.2 oz. packs, not the bowls) for $7.99.  We cook a bag of frozen mixed vegetables (and leftover cooked meat if available) and add it to the cooked soup which we make with double the amount of water called for, and one spice packet.  Not only do we get several bowls of soup out of one pack, the additional water and vegetables make it healthier with less sodium per serving while still spicy and delicious. 

Expired now

Scar1358 said:   
Dilly101 said:   

Expired now

Nope, the 12pks is still available for $8.36.

good deal. thanks op

lol. thanks for sharing

Thanks OP, I love instant ramen noodles. But I never really enjoyed this very popular noodle. 1)too spicy, masks all the other flavors, and 2) for me, it never comes out right(at the toilet).
my favorite Korean noodle be the Paldo Gomtang, non spicy stuff where I can taste the soup.

According to my experiences, this is one of the best korean noodles. It has a spicy kick to it but not too much. I bought these and leave them at work for rainy days or lazy days. It clears up the sinus. As some have stated, the recipe did change. The soup is not as spicy. The soup use to be red and now its slightly red/brownish. They lowered the sodium it seems which makes it healthier but a little less tasty and spicy. It is a sacrifice and it retains most of its flavor.

Not sure when it expires but just picked up an 8 pack of "Black" from Costco this past weekend (3.5 oz) for under $6.  It was $4 off...shouldn't be eating often but makes for an easy snack in the office when in a pinch.  This from from the San Leandro Costco off Davis.

I do love this Nongshim Shin Big Bowl Noodle Soup, thanks OP.

Thanks OP! I can stand to live off these for a while, certainly longer than cup noodles. They're actually a bit spicy, so make sure to have some water around.

cheapest I see via link is $15.61
BUT, pack of 12 is $8.36 (add on)

ilkhante said:   these bowls are not like the regular packs. I don't think they are very good.

Not a fan of Shin ramen but weirdly like the bowl version for some reason. 

WillyWah said:   Not sure when it expires but just picked up an 8 pack of "Black" from Costco this past weekend (3.5 oz) for under $6.  It was $4 off...shouldn't be eating often but makes for an easy snack in the office when in a pinch.  This from from the San Leandro Costco off Davis.

Been seeing the Shin "Black" at deep discounts lately. Personally hate it. It's basically regular Shin with an extra packet of Sul-Long-Tang soup base. It just ruins the spicy flavor and makes the broth thicker which I hate. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017