posted 48 years ago by
cthyssen

Sears has the Gladiator Adjustable Height  6 -Foot Workbench,model no. GAWB06HWEG  for $299.99. Plus, Shop Your Way Rewards members receive around $118 in SYWR credit.
It features a steel frame,steel legs,hardwood top, and can support up to 3000 lbs.
Of note, Shop Your Way Rewards members will earn a Sears credit with this purchase and may be eligible for additional credits and discounts.

Views
8 Comments
Add Comment
Deal is for Gladiator 6 (six) foot workbench, not the 8 (eight) foot workbench. 

Still, an awesome deal on a great workbench ... plus $118 back in points.
Unfortunately, there is a 1 month wait for free store pick-up in my area.

A friend has one of these set to its lowest height, using as his computer desk. He has a two-drawer file cabinet under it at one end. It's a really good looking unit, with a very nice maple butcher block top. The opposite end of the spectrum from the usual flakeboard office furniture!

Great price.

A good deal. HD wants $629 for it.

That said, I'd hate to use this as an actual shop workbench, where it will get gouged, burned (when doing soldering for plumbing) etc. You can make your own workbench out of plywood and 2x4's, with a replaceable hardboard upper layer, for approx $70.

Will it carry 3000 lbs? No, but do you really need to put your car on this bench?
Will it look as nice? Not initially, but with 3 years of real-world use, it will look much better because you can just replace the upper layer when it gets damaged.

canoeguy1, I agree this workbench is simply too nice to do rough work on. If I didn't already have a recent Ikea Bekant desk/table in my office, I'd Spring for this to use instead. Or at least try to talk my wife into it, lol. Actually, she saw the one our friend was using in his family room, and admitted that it looked really nice!

This will last several lifetimes, unlike most anything else. Who knows, maybe one day, your grandson or great grandson might think about using it for a workbench!

SYWR Points
Disclaimer
I already have this bench and don't need another, but I'm showing $141 in SYWR points back. I can't tell if points are rollable because the final check out page no longer displays the total points earned after points are used

Invoice
Disclaimer
Points Roll!!!!
Paid with $277.31 in points and got $101.13 back in points.
See attached invoice.
Of the $277.31 points used, $20 was surprise points (free money!)

The top is very nice quality. I love the look of bamboo. It's well finished, about 13/4 inch thick, and looks beautiful. One thing to note and I don't know if this makes a difference to anyone, but the picture shows the table with what seem like equally spaced legs. What I mean is the top sits symmetrically over the legs. But in reality, the legs are set further to the back of the table top leaving almost no lip at the back of the table.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017