posted 1 month ago by
MasterDebator
DerpSauce

Coupon Code: dealnews

Pro

Home

37 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: Members of our community have alerted us to the questionable nature of this deal. While we do not condone any unethical or illegal behavior, we believe discussion and debate helps our community make informed decisions. Please read, comment if you'd like, and proceed with caution. — Mar. 13, 2017 @ 4:35pm
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Apr. 26, 2017 @ 6:58am
rated:
Can anyone explain the difference between Pro and Home?

rated:
This is not legal software. Therefore Microsoft can shut down the key(s)

rated:
The Pro version is more robust designed for home business applications rather than playing Pokey man.

rated:
ellory said:   This is not legal software. Therefore Microsoft can shut down the key(s)
If you still have your windows 7 product key, you can use it to activate a free copy of Windows 10. Just go to the the Microsoft website and download the ISO file and then use ImgBurn to create an installation disk.

rated:
Anyone who has a Windows 7 computer at this point and did not take part of the free Windows 10 upgrade clearly did not want Windows 10. Why do you think they would pay to upgrade now?

rated:

rated:
Only an idiot would pay for illegal software.

rated:
Worked for me. thanks.

rated:
How do you know the software is illegal? Some companies buy by volume, sell a bunch at profit, then sell the rest to break-even. This could be legit.

rated:
Reading from their website, I'm inferring that you need to leave a review to receive your keys?!?!? see: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/scdkey.com?utm_medium=trustbox...
Yeah, this is legit. Yeah, sure.

My conclusion: These are pirated keys.
Should probably report to Microsoft & BSA.

rated:
jpessin3 said:   Anyone who has a Windows 7 computer at this point and did not take part of the free Windows 10 upgrade clearly did not want Windows 10. Why do you think they would pay to upgrade now?
  You don't have to pay.  Despite all the hype, MS never shut down the activation process and likely never will.  They want everyone on a common code base for a lot of reasons.   You can upgrade and activate any valid system today for free.

rated:
ameliathegreat52 said:   what's the basic difference between Windows 10 and 8.1?
Actually I used both of them but 8.10 is little easier for me.

Install Classic Shell on Windows 10.  You'll get all of the security and performance benefits of 10 and it will look and feel just like 8.1.

rated:
These are generated fake keys. They may work 30 days or so until Microsoft determines them to be phony.

rated:
yowhatup said:   How do you know the software is illegal? Some companies buy by volume, sell a bunch at profit, then sell the rest to break-even. This could be legit.
OEM Windows licenses are not to be resold.  Reselling them violates the contract between Microsoft and the OEM.

Now the argument could be made that someone who buys a license key from the OEM isn't involved in the contract between Microsoft and the OEM.  And that's true.  But Microsoft still has the right to invalidate every last one of those keys, and they have been doing so more and more frequently over the last ten years.

rated:
drodge said:   
ameliathegreat52 said:   what's the basic difference between Windows 10 and 8.1?

Install Classic Shell on Windows 10.  You'll get all of the security and performance benefits of 10 and it will look and feel just like 8.1.

Yeah, but then you're stuck with something that looks and feels just like 8.1

rated:
Newegg and others sell OEM licenses.

rated:
Windows PRO can connect to a domain... Windows HOME can't. Thats the biggest difference. So if your connecting to a network at a business you will likely need PRO. Pro also has other bells and whistles like drive encryption... better support for virtualization, etc. but most people that needs its features know who they are.

rated:
Windows PRO can connect to a domain... Windows HOME can't. Thats the biggest difference. So if your connecting to a network at a business you will likely need PRO. Pro also has other bells and whistles like drive encryption... better support for virtualization, etc. but most people that needs its features know who they are.

rated:
SecondGunman said:   
drodge said:   

Yeah, but then you're stuck with something that looks and feels just like 8.1

Which is what they said they prefer.   I prefer it too, over the windows 10 interface. 

rated:
wh0ligan said:   Can anyone explain the difference between Pro and Home?
  The Pro version has a few more things it can do - Bitlocker for data encryption included, can join a Microsoft Server (Domain) for work or school purposes, Pro license allows for downgrade rights- so you can run Windows 7 Pro or some earlier version prior to Windows 10 Pro are the 3 main items that matter to some. There are a few other differences with a chart found on Microsoft's Web site comparing versions. Pro has some remote access capabilities that Home would have to have 3rd party software to do.

Windows Versions

rated:
yowhatup said:   How do you know the software is illegal? Some companies buy by volume, sell a bunch at profit, then sell the rest to break-even. This could be legit.
  There is a high likelihood that the software is not legitimate mainly based on the pricing of these upgrades. Yes, the upgrade was offered for free to people that had Windows 7 or Win 8.x for the first year, but that has pretty much ended unless you use the loop hole of adaptive needs. As for your volume comment- even the volume licenses can't be transferred 1 or 2 licenses at a time, and the largest volume licenses are not being sold for this price through legitimate channels. If you price this same software out with reputable companies that source their software through the Microsoft Channel, it will be higher priced. Is there a chance the company is selling legitimate licenses, sure but if the software key quits working because Microsoft determines it is not legally licensed, you have to provide them with information or else have to repurchase the software. FatWallet has stated it best in their tag of this discussion.

rated:
The adaptive needs loophole is not needed if one does a fresh install with a Windows 7/8 key. Pretty sure one can still upgrade their existing install as well w/o that loophole, just download the Windows 10 image or media creation tool.

rated:
You don't need any loophole. Go to MS, download the Win10 Install tool and run it. It will look at the existing key, see that the OS is activated and install just fine. Alternatively, you can do a fresh install and enter the old key from the previous install. MS isn't going to shut this down any time soon because they want everyone on Win10.

rated:
Positive vote to the OP for two reasons... 1) If the keys work and are legit, it is a great price for a clean install. I have bought xbox live keys from this site from links provided on fatwallet more than once and have never had a problem. The supposition that they must be fake is not necessarily true.
2) This post has sparked discussion on how to run an iso/flash drive install that works for free if you have windows 7 or above, which I plan on using.

Again to the OP, good job.

rated:
jpessin3 said:   Anyone who has a Windows 7 computer at this point and did not take part of the free Windows 10 upgrade clearly did not want Windows 10. Why do you think they would pay to upgrade now?
  Maybe they changed their mind.  

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
smmc1 said:   

And MS officially ended Win7 support for new model CPU's.  

rated:
this isnt software braniac..its a 25 character  activation code.......you download the SOFTWARE direct from MS....

rated:
PayPal: Issues with this transaction?
You have 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

rated:
drodge said:   
smmc1 said:   

MS will support Win 7 until at least 2020.

rated:
GMY said:   
drodge said:   
smmc1 said:   

MS will support Win 7 until at least 2020.

Not on the latest CPU's.  Notices went out this patch Tuesday. If you have the latest processors you get a popup saying updates are no longer supported.   They advice you to either install Win10 or upgrade the CPU immediately.

rated:
linux

rated:
Most of us don't have the latest CPUs. My work machines are ThinkPad T420s with old i7 processors and Win 7.

rated:
brusbrother said:   linux
I've tried a few different versions, Mint is my favorite but Linux could never crack into home PC user. 
Don't know. Maybe not friendly GUI, limited applications, hard to use, hard to install SW tools, etc.

rated:
pianoCM said:   
brusbrother said:   linux
I've tried a few different versions, Mint is my favorite but Linux could never crack into home PC user. 
Don't know. Maybe not friendly GUI, limited applications, hard to use, hard to install SW tools, etc.

Linux Mint 17 or even 18 Cinnamon version. GUI easy now that people are heading over and getting used to Win 10.
20 minute installation.
Not sure what applications you find missing?
Which SW tools are difficult to install?
Please ask or PM me as I have been using Linux for the past 7 years.
It is a free OS and updating is safe. I never have run any anti virus programs and have never been infected.
It is so much easier to install and run than in the past. I would think that on a site like FW that people have gotten wise to the hype but I am sure that others will feel that the extra ~$150 they shell out for a computer loaded with bloatware and the headaches of virus attacks are just the cost of doing business. 

rated:
trumpotron said:   this isnt software braniac..its a 25 character  activation code.......you download the SOFTWARE direct from MS....

What's a "braniac?"  Someone who's getting too much fiber in his diet?

rated:
cestmoi123 said:   
trumpotron said:   this isnt software braniac..its a 25 character  activation code.......you download the SOFTWARE direct from MS....

What's a "braniac?"  Someone who's getting too much fiber in his diet?

Maybe someone who takes a week to think up a stupid response.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017