see scan for fine print

deal    at Giant/Martin's too.   CONFIRMED.

52 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, GROCERY & DRUGSTORE, EXPIRED DEALS. — Apr. 26, 2017 @ 10:17pm
rated:
Is a S&S card required?
Is there a limit per account?
What is the fee on a $250 card?
Thanks!

rated:
ocean935 said:   Is a S&S card required?
Is there a limit per account?
What is the fee on a $250 card?
Thanks!

fine print says yes on card. no limit stated. if they sell the variable load $0-500 card, fee is $6.95. if not, you'd need a $200 and a $100 adding up to about $13 in fees which makes the deal a bust for most.

rated:
Does stop and shop allow you to buy a visa gift card with a credit card?

rated:
I think so...   unless you get an ultra uptight cashier/shift manager.   I've actually never seen a $0 - 500 variable card, only $0 - 200 ones.

rated:
Shoprite sells $0-$500. No S&S in my neck of the woods, so I dunno.

rated:
deal is now confirmed at sister chains Giant/Martin's.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   deal is now confirmed at sister chains Giant/Martin's.
I suggest that you update the OP.    

rated:
Good deal Op.
Free grocery while MSing

rated:
Shoprite in upstate NY/CT stopped selling 500.00 VGC 1 year ago!! And the fee for a 500.00 card is 5.95. There is no 250.00 card. Just load it with 500.00 (same fee) on a 5/6 % card and MO it out/then use your 15.00 certificates for free food.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Good deal Op.
Free grocery while MSing

This is even a better deal for those of us who have a credit card that gives 5% cashback on supermarket purchases (just make sure to use the prepaid card somewhere that does not give back 5%).  Is the coupon good for $15 off a $15+ purchase, or does it have a higher spending requirement?

rated:
roy7736 said:   
marcopolomle said:   Good deal Op.
Free grocery while MSing

This is even a better deal for those of us who have a credit card that gives 5% cashback on supermarket purchases (just make sure to use the prepaid card somewhere that does not give back 5%).  Is the coupon good for $15 off a $15+ purchase, or does it have a higher spending requirement?

it would appear so, makes no mention of a spend threshold.

rated:
barrytuneup said:   Shoprite in upstate NY/CT stopped selling 500.00 VGC 1 year ago!! And the fee for a 500.00 card is 5.95. There is no 250.00 card. Just load it with 500.00 (same fee) on a 5/6 % card and MO it out/then use your 15.00 certificates for free food.

Barry, almost sure you are wrong about the fee for the variable load.

rated:
No!! I have one right here, they are 5.95 loading up to 500.00 and I have bought tons over the past few years.(at least in grocery stores) The vanilla visa at CVS/Rite Aid are 4.95 loading to 500.00. The 200.00 visa at Staples are 6.95. And you can get as many 15.00 certificate as you want. Verified yesterday when I hit 3 S&S using 2 cards. I now have 8 15.00 certificates. I think they have to align with the correct S&S card when redeeming. So I made notes. BTW, my wife is Jewish and buys tons of Passover stuff, so I will give them to her to use. She just told me the S&S in Mt. Kisco NY has a huge Passover section. She will be happy!!

rated:
Nothing can make her happier than the day you left her.

rated:
barrytuneup said:   No!! I have one right here, they are 5.95 loading up to 500.00 and I have bought tons over the past few years.(at least in grocery stores) The vanilla visa at CVS/Rite Aid  are 4.95 loading to 500.00. The 200.00 visa at Staples are 6.95. And you can get as many 15.00 certificate as you want. Verified yesterday when I hit 3 S&S using 2 cards. I now have 8 15.00 certificates. I think they have to align with the correct S&S card when redeeming. So I made notes. BTW, my wife is Jewish and buys tons of Passover stuff, so I will give them to her to use. She just told me the S&S in Mt. Kisco NY has a huge Passover section. She will be happy!!

OK Barry, my bad then.

rated:
if you already did this deal, how long before the certificates expire??

rated:
mmyk72 said:   if you already did this deal, how long before the certificates expire??
It says right there in the ad -expires 04/06/2017

rated:
barrytuneup said:   No!! I have one right here, they are 5.95 loading up to 500.00 and I have bought tons over the past few years.(at least in grocery stores) The vanilla visa at CVS/Rite Aid  are 4.95 loading to 500.00. The 200.00 visa at Staples are 6.95. And you can get as many 15.00 certificate as you want. Verified yesterday when I hit 3 S&S using 2 cards. I now have 8 15.00 certificates. I think they have to align with the correct S&S card when redeeming. So I made notes. BTW, my wife is Jewish and buys tons of Passover stuff, so I will give them to her to use. She just told me the S&S in Mt. Kisco NY has a huge Passover section. She will be happy!!
  WARNING WILL ROBINSON... DANGER!!
The ad specifies "one offer per transaction"
The coupon that prints out at the register reads "one coupon per household"
Must use Stop and Shop card and meet minimum sale in one transaction.
The question that this raises (which is not clearly stated in the advertisement) is whether each $15 coupon will scan if used on the same card (household). Cpn also says non-transferable.
In other words, I made two separate VGC purchases using the same S&S card. Both certificates that printed out have the same barcode.
Will I be able to cash out both $15 offers with the same S&S card (at different times) or will the second purchase require a separate S&S card? Since these are non-transferable, will that even work??

rated:
I have experience with coupons, but not with S&S.

Some generalizations:
- barcodes will always be the same. That's the only practical way they can be 'recognized' by the register.
- the same coupon can then be 're-used' (immoral) if the cashier does not take it away (unlikely).
- if there is any differentiation, it will be printed on the face of the coupon for the cashier to read. For example, member/account number.
- if the identifier is not present, they may me 'transferable'.

rated:
my id # is above the "cut here" line for the $15 cpn so there si still hope that it "might" be used on the same card or at least a transfer can take place to my other card...

rated:
brusbrother said:   my id # is above the "cut here" line for the $15 cpn so there si still hope that it "might" be used on the same card or at least a transfer can take place to my other card...

My educated guess on multiples, you can use one per transaction. multiples will not work on one order, but each coupon is not a 'one time use' code like a Staples coupon. you should be fine as long as you do multiple transactions to burn the Qs.

rated:
What he ^^^ said.

rated:
just bought a 250 variable visa card in stop and shop queens ny for 5.95 got the 15 coup and used it for the shopping i did 60 seconds later , worked well

rated:
Offer Extended for a Second Week 3/17-3/30

rated:
can you do it twice ?  once each week ?

rated:
henryj1 said:   can you do it twice ?  once each week ?
No Limit
Tested and confirmed.
Buy each VGC as separate transaction
Use each $15 cert for separate purchases where total is greater than $15

rated:
If you buy $500 VGC do you get two $15 vouchers?
Did anyone try buying $500 VGC ?

rated:
No, and I am certain: NO.

rated:
official offer is extended to 3/30
certificates still expire 4/6

rated:
S&S for Fri March 24th-March 30th with coupon.  Spend $25 free Matzo. Choose Yehuda, Aviv, or Osem. Choose Streits or Manischewitz for $1.99 more. My mother used to use Aviv Israeli Matzo, and I use it also. I picked it up 2 weeks ago, for free. This is the best Matzo you can buy! Use the $15 certificate.

rated:
Confirmed. Worked this morning.

rated:
verified that these 15.00 cert. are NOT linked to any cards, so you can use any S&S card that you have(wife relative etc)

rated:
Instead of collecting a bunch of $15 certificates, each costing $5.95, you can get unlimited "free" $9.05 purchases for one initial investment.

Step 1: buy $250 prepaid, pay $255.95, get $15 cert., step out of store.
Step 2: take prepaid out of package, re-enter store.
Step 3: fill cart with items worth $9.05 (or more), plus another $250 prepaid.
Step 4: hand stuff to cashier. pay using previous prepaid, plus cert. step out of store.
Step 5: repeat Steps 2-4 until you run out of energy, time, or things to buy.

Enjoy!

ETA: As per personal attempt by MC, this will NOT work. The cert will NOT pay towards the activation fee.

rated:
ocean935 said:   Instead of collecting a bunch of $15 certificates, each costing $5.95, you can get unlimited "free" $9.05 purchases for one initial investment.

Step 4: hand stuff to cashier. pay using previous prepaid, plus cert. step out of store.

Enjoy!

only caviat to this, sometimes, it takes a little time for the Visa card to become active.  as much as 30-60 minutes worst case scenario.

rated:
In my experience, AmEx takes 17 minutes. Vanilla is almost instantaneous.

I have shopped at Shoprite with friendly cashiers, and I don't even need to step out. Do the whole process right there with separate orders. Cards would be active and ready to go.

rated:
ocean935 said:   Instead of collecting a bunch of $15 certificates, each costing $5.95, you can get unlimited "free" $9.05 purchases for one initial investment.

Enjoy!

Have you actually tried this? I don't think it would work as you need to have $15+ of non-gc items for the coupon to work. 

rated:
GamingPhenom said:   

Enjoy!

Have you actually tried this? I don't think it would work as you need to have $15+ of non-gc items for the coupon to work. 

It would seem the extra $5.95 of non gift card purchases to get up to the $15 threshold is the value of the activation fee.
  Even then, some local S&S stores won't allow GC purchase with a GC so as always YMMV.

rated:
brusbrother said:   
GamingPhenom said:   

Enjoy!

It would seem the extra $5.95 of non gift card purchases to get up to the $15 threshold is the value of the activation fee.

I realize that's what was meant. My point is that I don't think the register will let the coupon go through following those steps. The fee is excluded from the $15 requirement as far as I know. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone else will chime in.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017