Merchant is Newegg

ordered the white 1tb GoW4 from Newegg on eBay on monday night, it was on my doorstep by thursday.

Nice offer, but over. Showing on eBay at $349.99. Thx.

NOT over. $239.99 again, and a $15 coupon now til 6PM PST to boot! Amaz-balls deal at $224.99 !

Buyer beware when purchasing through Newegg's eBay store.  I have had an issue where Yamaha refused to honor the warranty, as goods sold by Newegg on eBay are considered used.  I have been fighting with Newegg for three weeks and they now are misrepresenting that they have issued a refund as well.   I am out the broken stereo, out the money, and out answers.

Look, I get that we all have bad experiences from time to time but Newegg is being out and out shady through their eBay store.  Fatwallet users need to know.

Jeff36 said:   Buyer beware when purchasing through Newegg 's eBay store.  I have had an issue where Yamaha refused to honor the warranty, as goods sold by Newegg on eBay are considered used.  I have been fighting with Newegg for three weeks and they now are misrepresenting that they have issued a refund as well.   I am out the broken stereo, out the money, and out answers.

Look, I get that we all have bad experiences from time to time but Newegg is being out and out shady through their eBay store.  Fatwallet users need to know.

Hmmm...I have purchased many items via Newegg's eBay store without ANY problems with the mfg. warranties. In fact the Newegg packing list and invoice does not show anything about eBay on them and items are shipped though the same Newegg fulfillment process so how would the mfg even know?

Indeed, I have not had problems in the past, but, now they bill direct through eBay, your receipt says eBay, and the manufacturer would not provide warranty service.  I am certain we can fill the void bantering back and forth, but I know the experience I just had and thought I would share.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017