rated:
In case some don't know. 3DR stopped production of drones last year and there are fire sales all over.

I got my hands on 50 refurbs directly from them and they are basically like new. Sold all of them in a month. Best Buy has them right now for $199. I assume the warranty is still 90 days.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/3dr-geek-squad-certified-refurbished...

rated:
That refurb you reference at B B does not include the controller or the gimbal. The gimbal isn't very expensive at $48, but I haven't seen the controller sold separately.
I think we've gone past the peak low price point, and stock is starting to diminish.

rated:
It has another picture with the BB webpage that has device and camera sold separately, but has the controller. I bet it has the controller with it. I purchased this drone and really like it. Is it a mavic pro, no its not. But its a fantastic drone, even more so if you already have a gopro. It is very cinematic in how it moves while recording, and its fun to fly. I upgraded the gps unit and it locks super fast now. I also added the alfa antennas and the range is great.

rated:
I think it would be prudent to call to verify if the controller is included before purchasing the BB refurb unit. When they show a photo with a camera, the words "Camera sold separately" is shown. On any photo with a controller they have the words "Device sold separately." I believe they are saying the "device" is the controller.

I think I'm going to do the GPS upgrade on mine too. I've only flown it a few times, and I think it lost GPS signal a few times. I wanted to stop the motors since it was only about a foot off the ground. It ignored my command, reved up the props and moved horizontally for a few seconds until it shut down due to the crash detection. A second time it did the same thing and went into some bushes breaking 2 props. I hate electronics that think they're smarter than me.

rated:
If you are at all interested in buying drone and have a GoPro already, I suggest you pick one of these up. This is a great deal here or Bestbuy. I picked one up a few months ago and it is pretty cool device. Of course always wise to practice flying it before testing out all the smart shots it can do.

rated:
I am pretty sure this one doesn't come with a remote control. If you don't own a GoPro camera, you are better off buying a DJI Phatom 3 Standard for around $400 on Azn. There are lots of review videos of Solo on YouTube, the reviews are mixed.
I want a drone, but I will save up for a Mavic Pro.

rated:
I have never ever heard of 3DR not including the controller in it's refurb packages and would bet it's included at BB. But I see what you see. Sold separately. I'm guessing it's a mistake and was meant for the camera. Still a phone call would be wise. But I would also bet whoever you call won't have a clue what is actually in the sealed box. 

Yeah. For another hundred or two, DJI hands down is better. But spending $199 for a starter drone to see if you like it and get some practice is a great idea. The 3DR is actually a quite capable machine but obsolete all the same.

rated:
only 3 3+ or 4 compatible..bummer i have an original

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017