posted 13 days ago by
Xenocrates
Deal Hunter - I Deal Therefore I Am

Microsoft Store has the HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 2 in 1 PC - Signature Edition (15-bk193ms) on sale for $479.00 with free shipping and free returns.
Deal Notes: Reviews are mixed for this laptop, it has 12 5 stars reviews and 13 1 stars reviews. There are also 11 combined 4 and 3 star reviews. The takeaway from the reviews is that you should update it completely upon getting it out of the box and that if you have any issues with it, to return it without doubt or delay. 

• 15.6" Edge to Edge Glass 1080P IPS Toucshcreen Display
  • Kaby Lake Core i5-7200U 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Turbo, 3MB Cache)
  • 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz RAM
  • 1TB 5400 RPM HDD
  • B&O Play Dual Speakers
  • HP Wide Vision HD WebCam
  • 802.11ac WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 + 100Mbps lan
  • Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
  • 4.60 lbs

7 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Mar. 29, 2017 @ 6:41pm
rated:
Too many h/w issues (keyboard) too..too risky down the line. Dont Signature PCs have some sorta standard ?? Also MS needs to revise their way of sharing everything by default. Sucks for people who are not computer savvy.

rated:
Is 256gb ssd better or 1 TB HDD ?

rated:
you should get your own SSD...useful info here...http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2812073/laptop-16gb-ram-ssd-...

rated:
spencerlancer said:   Is 256gb ssd better or 1 TB HDD ?
If you want speed, go with ssd, if you want storage, then 1TB

rated:
Nostradamus said:   you should get your own SSD...useful info here...http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2812073/laptop-16gb-ram-ssd-...
  I totally agree with your statement.

Bummer is, this is one of those laptops where you can open it up and change drives, but you have to take the keyboard out to do it. I had a sneaking suspicion it was that way, 2-in-1 format and hardware back panel seemed to good to be true.

Page 38-44http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05235424 

So if you are pretty good with these kinds of things or have done once before it doesn't look ridiculous, but it probably voids your warranty.

rated:
Can you write on this with a stylus?

rated:
billfgdfser said:   Can you write on this with a stylus?
  It would work with a capacitive one, but not the same kind as say a WACOM pad or a Samsung Note device. Those have a special sensor made just for them that does not rely on just capacitance. At least the Samsung Note devices do it that way.

Found out the hard way when I dropped and cracked my Note 5 screen, but my pen would still operate the phone even though the screen wouldn't even turn on. The cracks made the capacitance stop working but the extra sensor for the pen was still intact.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017