the Staples ad for the week of 3/19/17 is up on the website

front page related
$4 back in rewards per recycled cartridge when you purchase $75 of HP ink or $200 of HP toner

paper related
$0.01ACR Staples ® 8.5" x 11" multipurpose paper, 500 sheets/ream 513099 (coupon credit Jasonlh1 for coupon code 85818)
$5ACR Staples ® Multipurpose Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", 5 Ream Case 1147484 (ooupon code 17421)
B2G1 all 10 ream case paper

office/school supply related
$2 Sharpie® Accent® Pocket Style Highlighters, Narrow Chisel Tip, Assorted Colors, 5/pk (1908101) 578169 

breakroom/cleaning
10.99 Charmin® Essentials® bathroom tissue, 36/pack 2327440
9.99 Glad® OdorShield® Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags, Hawaiian Aloha, White, 13 Gallon, 80 Bags/Box 1465700 
4.99 Brighton Professional Black Wire Mesh Square Wastebasket, 4.4 gal. 592648 

others
Buy $300 Mastercard GC, Get $20 Staples GC 763603 (others are valid too)
34.99AR Omnitech 14-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder 1051112 
9.99 DYMO® LabelManager 160 Handheld Label Maker 344064 
$4 Staples 18 Gallon Plastic Flat Lid Tote, Silver 1213775
20% off Gap Inc. Gift Cards
99.99 Linksys AC1900 Dual-Band Smart WiFi Router - EA6900 391212 
59.99 Brother® HL-L2320D Monochrome Laser Printer 1074269 
10.99 PNY Turbo 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (P-FD32GTBOP-GE) 338657 
69.99AR Staples Space-Saver 10-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder 56327 
24.99 Brother PT-D400 Label Maker 1170367 
39.99 Brother QL700 Label Printer Up to 2.4"ide and Banners Up to 3' Long 356066 
89.99 Staples Carder Mesh Office Chair, Black 136815 
79.99 Samsung Xpress M3015DW Laser Printer 2009069 
139.99 Dell 27" SE2717HSC1 Monitor 2441498 

Any additonal info will be updated on sunday ASAP (links will be by end of thursday, rebate info and coupons will be on sunday). Hope this might help someone. Thank you for reading.

65 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
rated:
PSA: Drain the MC GCs immediately after purchasing.  You've been warned.

rated:
Why drain the MC immediately? It is issued by US bank. 

rated:

rated:
rachnamoore said:   Why drain the MC immediately? It is issued by US bank. 
  http://www.giftcards.com/gcgf/giftcard-scams  - see #3,#4,#5

rated:
The MC scam is like the prepaid phone refill scam....
Buy the cards with stolen credit cards, put them on eBay, a month or 2 down the road the refill card gets cancelled once they realize a stolen card was used

rated:
yesid0n0itall said:   The MC scam is like the prepaid phone refill scam....
Buy the cards with stolen credit cards, put them on eBay, a month or 2 down the road the refill card gets cancelled once they realize a stolen card was used

Not even close. 

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   PSA: Drain the MC GCs immediately after purchasing.  You've been warned.
 Smells like you're spreading FUD to me.  Your links are all a year old.  

rated:
it's no joke. drain them immediately. I had fraud on mine. nearly drained one with one purchase.

rated:
MsMorrisine said:   it's no joke. drain them immediately. I had fraud on mine. nearly drained one with one purchase.
To back up your post if "someone" thinks you're also spreading FUD.
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=18&thr...  

rated:
I stopped buying the MC gc more than a year ago.  Harder to cash out and easier for funds to be stolen.
I'd rather forego the $20MM on my 5% credit card than risk $200 loss of one MC gc.  

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
Noahbody123 said:   
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   PSA: Drain the MC GCs immediately after purchasing.  You've been warned.
 Smells like you're spreading FUD to me.  Your links are all a year old.  

What calendar do you use?

FYI:  If you don't have to take your shoes off to count the months, it is LESS than a year old.

Maybe because we stopped buying them about a year ago?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   I stopped buying the MC gc more than a year ago.  Harder to cash out and easier for funds to be stolen.
I'd rather forego the $20MM on my 5% credit card than risk $200 loss of one MC gc.  

Maybe buy a Staple s GC right there and then using the MC you just bought.

rated:
Tie up money in Staples gc?  No thanks.  I'd rather use my 5% cc for Staples purchases and with dearth of FAR stuff it can take a while to use up Staples gc.   
The beauty of the Visa gc is that you can go directly from Staples to WM and buy $799.30 money order with $800 in Visa prepaids.
The money order is deposited into checking account before the charge for the visa prepaids has hit credit card account.

rated:
Thank you nomoneyinmywallet and other fw members for the heads up

rated:
Agreed with all of the warnings on MC GC's. They are more difficult to cash out as they tend to scan as CC rather than DEBIT @ WM payment pads, where WM accepts DEBIT for MO purchases (but not CC), so you need to act quickly to try and change payment method to DEBIT. 

MC GC's are also apparently issued sequentially, where hackers/scammers know that, enabling them to more easily steal the GC funds if you don't use them up quickly

That said, there's still a 2 more days of buying $300 VISA GC's though @ Staples (3 if you count today), where those are considered much safer:

*EDIT* The FW messaging system went nuts. It decided to insert a ton of "Blue Apron " links in this post, even though I never mentioned that site/product.

*EDIT2* Fixed link to the other thread, which had a trailing blank space in it (resulting in an invalid/broken link).

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
my4mainecoons said:   I stopped buying the MC gc more than a year ago.  Harder to cash out and easier for funds to be stolen.

The cashier said "you could not buy gift card with gift card that is the policy" 

rated:
mxch said:   
marcopolomle said:   

The cashier said "you could not buy gift card with gift card that is the policy" 

Yes, that is the policy, but the register will accept it if you find a willing cashier.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   Tie up money in Staples gc?  No thanks.  I'd rather use my 5% cc for Staples purchases and with dearth of FAR stuff it can take a while to use up Staples gc.   
The beauty of the Visa gc is that you can go directly from Staples to WM and buy $799.30 money order with $800 in Visa prepaids.
The money order is deposited into checking account before the charge for the visa prepaids has hit credit card account.

Could I pay the $800 with 4 transactions of $200 GC? Thanks  

rated:
Visa GC are easy to use at WMT for a MO, but MC GC are harder. If you really don't mind the higher fee at the post office, register your MC GC online IMMEDIATELY and set a PIN, then go to the PO and buy a MO. Their new system will take the MC GC very easily once a PIN is set. I do not know about the older PO systems.

And WMT and the PO will take 4 x $200 GC if you tell the cashier to process each @ $200.

YMMV on using a GC to buy a GC at SPLS. I've done it many times and have also been shot down many times.

rated:
Grabbed. thank you.

rated:
So good

rated:
woodygirldj said:   Grabbed. thank you.
  Grabbed what?
The deals in this thread are not live yet; they start on Sunday, Mar 19.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
woodygirldj said:   Grabbed. thank you.
  Grabbed what?
The deals in this thread are not live yet; they start on Sunday, Mar 19.

Some people sign up to post self promoting deals on Amaz & eBay etc
But first they have to get their post count up. To do that they post randomly in various threads.
Some of then do that in groups or with multiple usernames so that they can green their posts to fool us.
Two posts above your's are the example.

rated:
mxch said:   
marcopolomle said:   

Go to a cashier who is "new" 

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
mxch said:   
marcopolomle said:   

Go to a cashier who is "new" 

A newbie cannot override what the system wont allow...

rated:
you are really so selfish to jeopardize a new checker's job?

rated:
MsMorrisine said:   Visa GC are easy to use at WMT for a MO, but MC GC are harder. If you really don't mind the higher fee at the post office, register your MC GC online IMMEDIATELY and set a PIN, then go to the PO and buy a MO. Their new system will take the MC GC very easily once a PIN is set. I do not know about the older PO systems.

And WMT and the PO will take 4 x $200 GC if you tell the cashier to process each @ $200.

YMMV on using a GC to buy a GC at SPLS. I've done it many times and have also been shot down many times.

How do you set a PIN?
I tried setting PINs for both VISA and MC but the site always throws me an error?
Can someone post a link to the sites where you register them to set a PIN.
TIA

rated:
May I know the fees for the visa GC..?

rated:
The $100 visa GC has a fee(?) of 5.95 while the $200 Visa GC has a fee(?) of $6.95 I think.

rated:
MsMorrisine said:   Visa GC are easy to use at WMT for a MO, but MC GC are harder. If you really don't mind the higher fee at the post office, register your MC GC online IMMEDIATELY and set a PIN, then go to the PO and buy a MO. Their new system will take the MC GC very easily once a PIN is set. I do not know about the older PO systems.

just tried visa gift card at two post offices here in CT. No go for me.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   

why would anybody do something so stupid?

rated:
brusbrother said:   

Did you use it as credit or debit, some readers default to one or the other and you have to change it on the screen
As in fricken WalMart

rated:
Speaking of WalMart and fred meyer (kroger)
If your card had the option to use as credit or dedit, at wm and fred Meyer if under $50 changing it to CREDIT it still went as no pin debit negating the card bonus if any.
Mastercard told me to just buy a stores gift card which will go as credit and get the bonus.
WM has now seemed the changed all that and if I say credit it goes as such

rated:
there wasn't any choice at post office. slide card, agent enters amount I specified. Rejecto.
i may try one more time where agent isn"t required to enter amount.
I was trying to get a 798.40 mo with 4 $200 VGC.

rated:
brusbrother said:   there wasn't any choice at post office. slide card, agent enters amount I specified. Rejecto.
i may try one more time where agent isn"t required to enter amount.
I was trying to get a 798.40 mo with 4 $200 VGC.

I have not been to a post office to buy postage in years but as I recall you have to tell them if credit or debit.

They may not allow money orders to be bought with any kind of card

rated:
TheDiggler said:   That said, there's still a 2 more days of buying $300 VISA GC's though @ Staples (3 if you count today), where those are considered much safer:

*EDIT2* Fixed link to the other thread, which had a trailing blank space in it (resulting in an invalid/broken link).

Surprised nobody pointed out the above (discovered it on my own a few minutes ago). Today (Mar 18, 2017) is the last day of the current VISA GC offer.

rated:
brusbrother said:   

Metabank cards no longer work at PO.

Metabank -> WalMart MO
Vanilla -> PO MO

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
brusbrother said:   

Metabank cards no longer work at PO.

Metabank -> WalMart MO
Vanilla -> PO MO

great news no money. at least I know where to dump vanilla cards

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017