Posted with ToGo

VIZIO - 55" Class (54.64" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HDTV - Black
$379.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-55-class-54-64-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hdtv-black/4453604.p?skuId=4453604 

54-3/5" screen (measured diagonally from corner to corner)
A great size for a living room or mid-sized home theater space.

LED TVs perform well in all lighting conditions
They also deliver plasma-like deep blacks and rich colors.

2160p resolution for breathtaking HD images
Watch 4K movies and TV shows at 4x the resolution of Full HD, and upscale your current HD content to gorgeous, Ultra HD-level picture quality.*

Clear Action 240
Enjoy great motion clarity during fast-action moments.

Smart TV delivers a huge world of entertainment
Stream movies, videos, music and more. Built-in Wi-Fi connects to a wireless home network.

Deeper, pure black levels and higher contrast
14 Active LED Zones intelligently adapt to the content on screen for a heightened contrast ratio.

Get light uniformity and quality picture performance
Full-array LED backlighting evenly distributes LEDs across the screen.

VIZIO Internet Apps PlusŪ
Optimized for Ultra HD streaming, built-in VIA Plus and Dual-Band Wi-Fi deliver instant access to the hottest movies, TV shows, music and more.

Faster, smoother Smart TV experience
A V6 six-core processor provides quad-core GPU and dual-core CPU for fast performance.

DTS StudioSound and DTS TruVolume
Enhanced bass and dialogue audio for a realistic surround sound experience from your TV. Get consistent volume levels without producing undesirable artifacts.

5 HDMI inputs for your home theater connection
High-speed HDMI delivers an HD picture and digital surround sound in one convenient cable. HDMI cable sold separately.

1 USB input
Connect a digital camera or USB storage device to enjoy select image, movie and music files on this TV. USB cable sold separately.

Views
14 Comments
Add Comment
Not available in So Cal

Model: D55U-D1

Vizio is one of the manufacturers that really stretches the truth on refresh rates.

This TV has a "Clear Action 240" rate, which actually equals a 60 Hz native refresh rate. (ie you have to divide the number by four, not just by two).
You get what you pay for.

Buy one, Thanks

Phenomenal input lag on this one for you gamers. At one point it was the fastest of all measured TVs. Motion blur is solid as well. It's a great all around TV. Standard Definition looks poor, but the vast majority of the programming I watch is in HD. No HDR, but I'm sure at this price you know that. It's a great buy at this price especially if you online game.

Pass since it has a poor refresh rate, and no HDR.

Looks dead doesn't appear to be available anywhere

TV set that watches you while you watch it.

tajdtj1 said:   Looks dead doesn't appear to be available anywhere
  I find it available here in Ct. - screenshot of cart

Yes you can put it in the cart but it isn't available for in store pickup or delivery

70" Vizio E70-E3 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Home Theater Display (Refurbished) $699.99 + Free Store Pickup @ WalMart back in stock.

No HDR is deal stopper for me but I thought it was worth mentioning. Spying is easy to turn off. In fact my FW update last week had OPT IN message for Smart Interactivity.

I wonder what goes through the minds of people that see these sub $400 TV deals and get disappointed the specs don't have HDR or 240 refresh or every state of the art feature that will never see the light of day in a sub $400 tv?
Seriously.. I was going to buy that bargain civic, but the fact the interior isn't Plated in gold is a deal killer for me.

mmconhea said:   I wonder what goes through the minds of people that see these sub $400 TV deals and get disappointed the specs don't have HDR or 240 refresh or every state of the art feature that will never see the light of day in a sub $400 tv?
Seriously.. I was going to buy that bargain civic, but the fact the interior isn't Plated in gold is a deal killer for me.

That's not how it works.
This is posted on FW because it's a HOT DEAL. That means, for the money, you're supposed to be getting MORE than usual.
But are you really? No. As you point out, you're just getting what you pay for. It's actually not a hot deal at all. It's a basic stripped-down TV, where the manufacturer tries to mislead people on specs like refresh rate. That is the problem

A product shouldn't be posted on FW just because the price is low. It needs to be a product that's worth MORE than the price (regardless of how low or high the price is).

Too many people on FW conflate low price with "hot deal", and forget that the junky product is actually not worth even the low price.

canoeguy1 said:   
mmconhea said:   I wonder what goes through the minds of people that see these sub $400 TV deals and get disappointed the specs don't have HDR or 240 refresh or every state of the art feature that will never see the light of day in a sub $400 tv?
Seriously.. I was going to buy that bargain civic, but the fact the interior isn't Plated in gold is a deal killer for me.

That's not how it works.
This is posted on FW because it's a HOT DEAL. That means, for the money, you're supposed to be getting MORE than usual.
But are you really? No. As you point out, you're just getting what you pay for. It's actually not a hot deal at all. It's a basic stripped-down TV, where the manufacturer tries to mislead people on specs like refresh rate. That is the problem

A product shouldn't be posted on FW just because the price is low. It needs to be a product that's worth MORE than the price (regardless of how low or high the price is).

Too many people on FW conflate low price with "hot deal", and forget that the junky product is actually not worth even the low price.

Agree that a low price doesn't mean a good deal, but just because a product is a "basic stripped-down TV" doesn't mean there can't be a hot deal for it.  If this is the TV for you, then the next best price I can find for a new unit is Target or B&H @ $569.  So $380 is a hot deal for this product, IMO.  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017