iLetTheDogsOut
Senior Member - 1K

$10 TaxAct Premium Online Federal & State 

To verify price:

• Fill out registration and once inside site:
  • Click on “My Return” in the upper right corner of the page
  • Click “My Return Details”
  • Click “My Return Fees” near the bottom of the screen
  • You will see the text “Your fee is $10.00 and includes your Federal and State Return. You will be billed for the bundle when you file your Federal, State, or Federal and State Returns together.”

43 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Incredibly frustrating that they started pricing so high in Jan/Feb and are now caving. I should have waited. Thanks OP.

rated:
Do they have deal on DOWNLOAD version?

The plus download version shows $60 for me. Last year it was $30.

rated:
zmaster said:   Do they have deal on DOWNLOAD version?

The plus download version shows $60 for me. Last year it was $30.

Thats what Im looking for as well. Where are the download deals! 

rated:
I have not filed yet but when I click on my return fees it shows the original $27 and $33 price. How do I change it to accept this new price or do I have to call their CSR and get it adjusted?
Update : I called them and they adjusted the price!

Thanks OP!

rated:
Thanks for posting how to verify. My return is still showing $40, not $10 however. How can I change that?

rated:
For me it is showing $20. I did started already. How to start from the beginning to get rid of the already filled in Tax info?

rated:
Wow. Is this the lowest price ever? Seems lower than anything I can remember.

rated:
Call them at (319) 373-3600. You don't have to get rid of any info. Just ask them to adjust the price.

rated:
Thanks OP!
I had to call to adjust the price. When I select "Pay" it shows me 70-60 = 10.

rated:
Trying to call them now. On hold for 10 minutes so far... Also trying an online chat. Will see which gets through faster...

rated:
Time to file a Price Protection claim with the credit card I used earlier.

rated:
Chat rep made a mess and couldn't help me. He couldn't delete my return, and neither could I. Had to call. Person on the phone did it right...

rated:
I paid $31 incl state...learned my lesson. Next year I won't sign up for tax act until april.

rated:
Really irritated at this company, once again. Finally got someone to answer on the customer service number, but she claimed that she could not adjust the price as I was locked into the lowest price from last year (that return shows $28 Federal and $15 State). Last year's lock should have been at $10 to begin with.

If you do not have a price locked in you should be good to go with the PREMIUM10 promo from the OP, but if you have already clicked through a deal at a higher price, you may be out of luck. Not a way to generate good will.

Thanks OP anyway...

rated:
How to add this to an existing account? When I click on link and log into my existing account it doesn't add the return at this price.

rated:
arla said:   Time to file a Price Protection claim with the credit card I used earlier.
  Going to try that route myself. Have screen capture of the offer landing page and the URL, along with the receipt for what I paid - $27.99 which included fed and state efile (which did not match the price shown under the return).

rated:
I had a return underway that and filing fee was 28 dollars and i was able to get the 10 dollar premium filing fee deal but only problem is I have to enter all data again. Was anyone able to figure out how to copy from one return to another from within the same login.

rated:
I have to say though, the TurboTax UI is very well designed and guides you through the process very well.

rated:
I just have 2 returns going since I signed up for the $20 plus from last time. When I look at 2016 returns, I see the $20 plus and now the $10 premium.

rated:
Just called the custom service and matched the price.

rated:
Called (319) 373-3600. Now when I go from My Return -> My Return Details -> My Return Fees, and then bravely click on Pay Now, I see

TaxAct Online 2016 Premium Edition - Federal Return $37.00
TaxAct Price Adjustment ($37.00)
Order Total $0.00

The CS rep assured me the total Federal+State has been adjusted to $70-$60 = $10. I presume the $10 will show up on the State return Pay page.

Gotta take a leap of faith here...

rated:
Fan-freakin'-tastic! Thanks OP!

I emailed customer support and had it adjusted within an hour or so. Shows up when you hit the "Pay Now" button.

rated:
Is this for the online version only, or does it apply to the download version as well? (I saw a few people ask this, but didn't see an answer, I think...)

I'm not putting all my financial info in one place if I can help it, especially not on TaxAct's server after their data breach last year.

rated:
The rep that I spoke to said that it's only $10 if I file my return before the Nascar race on Sunday. Has anyone else gotten that message? I can't find the terms of the offer.

rated:
I had been using tax act for years and then they want to double their prices so I went elsewhere and only paid $11, their loss

rated:
Procrastination pays sometimes.
Thanks OP.

rated:
I use TaxAct every year and just filed last month. Federal Plus/Premium (I had 1099s) and no State came out to just over $16. I was very pleased as I paid more than twice that the year before. I keep hearing so many nightmares of people paying $200-$300+ for H&R Block preparation in their locations and was really afraid TaxAct would start charging more.

rated:
Is there a expiration date on this deal??

rated:
I called CS and they could only issue a partial refund to me since I already filed my returns (misread other peoples comment and thought they called after they filed).  I think the problem most people are having is that they're selected their plus version instead of premium.

Note: When I called CS, they said they were able to adjust the fee to $10 and it should show before I paid.  I told them I already paid and filed so they could only issue a partial refund.

rated:
Well, called the 1-800 number and CSR was very nice to adjust it to $9.50 for premium including state e-file, thanks.

rated:
I still cannot get this to work, I have three returns showing for 2016 all have $7.50 + $12.50 for State.

rated:
Called the 3193733600 number and CSR adjusted the federal $15 to $0 but state is showing up as $12.50 and not $10. I'll call again

rated:
Thanks so much I call and they adjusted the one I had already started down to $10.99

rated:
I'd suggest starting a new return choosing Premium and then calling for the price adjustment. You could just click on start return and not even put anything in and it will show as started in their system.

I had started a return under the Plus version offer posted elsewhere here but as I had not put much in yet, I deleted it before calling. The rep had me choose Premium and start a new return. She was then able to see it on her end and put in the $60 credit.

Thanks OP!

Just FYI, the "My Return Fees" shows full prices but when I click on "Pay Now" this summary pops up:

Order Summary
Please review your order information presented below and enter your payment information.
Online 2016 Premium Edition - Federal Return $37.00
The calculations in your return are guaranteed 100% accurate
We have reviewed hundreds of deductions & credits to find you the most tax savings
You have unlimited access to this return for 7 years
Online 2016 Premium State $33.00
Price Adjustment($60.00)
Order Total:$10.00

rated:
Stupid Question: Will I have access to print out all the completed forms after submitted? (At no additional cost obviously)

rated:
Yes you can print out copies for your records after you have e-filed.  I have used tax act for 5 or 6 years now.  I called to have the price adjusted.  It does NOT show up in my summary at this price but the agent says it will when I am ready to pay.  I still have some more data input to do.  Hopefully it will show up at checkout.  Thanks for posting the deal!

rated:
For price adjustment, call: (319) 373-3600

rated:
Wait until April 19th.  Price will go down even more.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017