posted 2 months ago by
BennyZz
Wacky Member

Amazon is offering $30 off a deep cleaning for your house. The normal price is $105, with discount it is $75.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UBYC9GS

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Looks like the price varies regionally.

I'm seeing a pre discount price of $178.95 quoted. But also thats just for a 0-1 bedroom. For a 4 bedroom house its $288.95

rated:
I thought this was for a dentist offer.

rated:
ach1199 said:   I thought this was for a dentist offer.

Might as well give it a try.

rated:
ach1199 said:   I thought this was for a dentist offer.
  Yeah, I too clicked in to find the answer to the question, "Deep cleaning of what?"

rated:
I am kind of old fashioned about getting references/referrals for people who work in my home. I want to see their work and to find out whether I really want them around my family from someone who has used their service. I have been told that I just don't "get" the gig economy - which I freely admit.

So, this seems kind of creepy to me. A discount to invite people into your home whom you have never met and whose work you have never seen, who are selected by a company you have never met and who has never seen the people's work either.  What could possible go wrong?

I don't know  Amazon's  service, but in most service fields (like contractors you get through home depot, Lowes, Sears, etc), people who work through services like these are the worst (if they were really good, they wouldn't need Amazon to get them jobs and take half their money...).

However, I am willing to be proven wrong. Anyone ever had experience with Amazon housecleaners?

rated:
Absolutely fantastic. They went above and beyond my expectations. Richard and a young lady came to clean the house. They were curteous, respectful and did a wonderful job. I have had my house cleaned before by another company and they didn't do half as good of a job and my house was much cleaner then. I will definitely be using their services again.

rated:
One of the providers told me that Amazon gets 15% commission on these sales. In some cases it appears that the service providers are simply increasing their rate to cover that, compared to coupons/offers they run independently, but the Amazon coupon offsets that. I have booked several services as I had Amazon gift cards and promotional credits that lowered my cost even further. They will all be completed by month end, so if any bad experiences I'll post a follow up.

rated:
In case you were wondering, the $30 discount is pushed onto the service company in addition to the % cut. Felt bad for the cleaners as they hardly made anything off the deal.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017