posted 48 years ago by
mattalessand

Prepay for 1 month of DIRECTV NOW and you’ll get a Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote so you can watch it all on any HDTV. Subscribe starting at $35 per month @ Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/b/?ie=UTF8&node=12763923011&  

Views
21 Comments
Add Comment
You don't need a link, directvnow.com will offer you 1 month Firestick or 3 month Apple TV (Which IMHO sucks big time)

Their website is not ms edge-browser friendly, so use internet explorer.
And looks like you forfeit the chance for the 7day trial offer, a $8.14 value

forbin4040 said:   You don't need a link, directvnow.com will offer you 1 month Firestick or 3 month Apple TV (Which IMHO sucks big time)

What sucks about this?  It's not as good a deal as the launch offer (prepay 3 mos Go Big and get free ATV plus $35/mo for Go Big indefinitely and a year of HBO), but you still get a $105 ATV ($140-$150 retail). 

At this time, you get 60 channels for $35...

https://www.directvnow.com/accounts/select-plan;flow=update

$1/day seems like a decent value for a package to supplement OTA which includes remote access and two concurrent connections.  Even if it is not your cup of tea, $105 for an ATV plus three months of DTV Now does not 'Suck Big Time'.

you can buy the fire stick for 39.99 w/o the hassle of signing up and then cancelling...

Order it directly through directvnow.com using the Topcashback link.

Pay for one month $35 plus tax.  Cancel before the month of service ends.

I got the Fire Stick in a few days and $32 cashback from TCB (already listed as pending in my account).  Out of pocket cost about $5.50.

KODI works beautifully on the new Fire Stick and plays X.265 flawlessly.

redstork said:   you can buy the fire stick for 39.99 w/o the hassle of signing up and then cancelling...
  What hassle?  Enter name & address, choose password, a plan & enter credit card info.  No more hassle than creating an Amazon account & ordering from them.  Cancelling consists of signing in to directvnow.com, going to the account page & clicking on the CANCEL button. Takes less than 30 seconds.

Is this the 2nd gen Firestick with voice remote?

Under get deal says alexa voice remote

Can anyone who does this deal let us know if its 2nd Generation.

it's new 2nd gen stick. I have old one but also FTV2. Finally got my DSL upgrade for real 4K candy.

SOME BIG NEWS Cross platform and DVR (for a fee) I'm trying the free desktop app to get Roku and xbox going for free, Not sure if this is what DIRECTV NOW meant for a DVR but it might be worth paying for The PlayOn Desktop app is available as a free download from www.playon.tv. To record and cast media, PlayOn Desktop users can upgrade for just $29.99/year or $69.99 lifetime. For more information on PlayOn, please visit www.playon.tv

PlayOn's DIRECTV NOW channel enables users to rise above device and recording limitations and watch DIRECTV NOW on virtually any device – including Roku and game consoles like Xbox, PlayStation, and Wii. PlayOn's DVR capabilities further empower users to record and download DIRECTV NOW streams and watch them later, offline, on any device and even skip over commercials like a traditional DVR http://finance.yahoo.com/news/playon-brings-directv-now-tvs-1107... 

more competition HULU BETA! Hulu with Live TV, is available starting at $40 a month. That $40 a month offers access to more than 50 live channels, access to Hulu's standard $8 a month subscription service (you can pay an extra $4 and get the catalog content commercial free), and 50 hours of cloud DVR recordings. The $40 plan offers access to six user profiles and two simultaneous streams at once.

Hulu says the live TV experience is rolling out on Xbox One, Apple TV, iOS, Android and Chromecast, with Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Sticks and Samsung Smart TVs coming soon

Interesting that Direct TV Now is on play on. I gotta use that.

DTVN added two new channels One America News Network (OAN), a cable faux news channel, and A Wealth of Entertainment (AWE). - See more at: http://cordcuttersnews.com/#sthash.cCim4SBZ.dpuf 

NICKel said:   Can anyone who does this deal let us know if its 2nd Generation.
And, also, if anyone has BOTH the 1st gen and 2nd gen, can you say if the 2nd gen is more reliable? I have an older one (certainly must be 1st gen?) and it froze all the time. Had to pull the power cord so often to reset it that I was planning to put on a switched outlet. It also used to do a thing I called "slow/fast", where the sports action would slow down, almost to a standstill, then suddenly go into high speed, almost comical mode. It was a frustrating device to try to watch sports on. I would hope that the newer ones are better?  

roku early build out https://www.cnet.com/news/directv-now-finally-lands-on-roku-devices/

BTW, I think the Firestick offer expires June 6th, a week to think about it. 

When I was skimming the topics, I initially thought the thread title said, "Amazon: Get A Fire TV Stick When You Buy 1 Meth."

I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention. A lot of roku users waiting for this. I want my DVR damnit!

I bought the Roku Premier + refurb on Amazon $69 for this.  Works pretty well and I like the D-Pad navigation better than Apple TV Swipe. 

A couple gripes.  Roku never seems to remember that I had "Favorite Channels" selected when I left the app, so every time I go back in I have to re-select "Favorite Channels" on the side to get the list of what I'm interested in watching.  Apple TV  remembers this.  Also my Roku remote isn't working to change my volume, which is really annoying.  I understand  this should work for the most part with HDMI CEC.  I have a Panasonic LED TV and no luck, changed the Viera Link settings and couldn't get it to work.  Why can't Roku just put an IR on their remote for this like Apple TV. 

I forgot to mention there is a month of free DTVN with Roku. https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/06/directv-now-streaming-r... I never was a big roku fan.
The HTPC chrome menu works well except it also goes back to top of channel list by default, other platforms go back to where you left off. Not a big deal, I just mouse the scroll approx where channel is.

My cheap 4K hometheater have served me really well. VIZIO just updated my FW on my old refurb P50 from walmart.

Starting at $35/month - reading is fundamental.

Great deal

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017