posted 1 month ago by
rsuaver
Senior Member - 10K

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/ipad-evn26004 

iPad
Free $25 Gift Card with Order
Plus, get a minimum $150 Best Buy gift card when you trade in a working iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, Air, Air 2, or Pro.

$25 gift card good toward future purchase. Trade-in offer valid in store only 03/21/17–04/15/17. When you trade in any working Apple iPad Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, Air, Air 2, Pro get a minimum $150 Best Buy® gift card. Not all products are eligible for trade-in. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Trade-in value may vary. Condition, documentation and accessories may affect value. Excludes devices that are cracked, water-damaged or that lack power. You are responsible for removing any data from your product before providing the product for evaluation. You will be required to agree to the terms & conditions. Best Buy reserves the right to refuse any trade-in or to limit quantities for any reason. Limit of 1 trade-in per person. No rainchecks. Tax is applied based on the full retail value. Limit 1 coupon per transaction. For details see a Blue Shirt or BestBuy.com/TradeIn.

18 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Any idea how much did it bring air 2 down? 32 gb

rated:
Sucks for me... I have an iPad Gen 1, Gen 2, and Gen 4.

rated:
Wonder why not gen 4, that's IOS 10

and what idiot would trade in an Ipad Pro for $150GC

rated:
whammypower788 said:   Sucks for me... I have an iPad Gen 1, Gen 2, and Gen 4.

I got all excited with our Gen2 iPad. guess that's why it's collecting dust in a cabinet

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Wonder why not gen 4, that's IOS 10

and what idiot would trade in an Ipad Pro for $150GC

I can't see why anyone would trade in an Air 2 or Pro for this new model, especially for $150. I think they're just trying to create more distance between the iPad and the iPad Pro at this point. The only thing I see better about the new model over the Air 2 is the processor...otherwise it's missing the anti-reflective and laminated screen and adding more weight and thickness.

rated:
but it supports the Apple Pen! haha

rated:
forbin4040 said:   but it supports the Apple Pen! haha

AFAIK, the new iPad (that's what they are calling it) does not support Apple Pen, and I don't think it has the connector for the keyboards. It's just a newer version of the iPad Air 2 with a faster processor albeit thicker and heavier. But price dropped considerably, and it's even cheaper than the iPad Mini 4.

rated:
rsuaver said:   AFAIK, the new iPad (that's what they are calling it) does not support Apple Pen, and I don't think it has the connector for the keyboards. It's just a newer version of the iPad Air 2 with a faster processor albeit thicker and heavier. But price dropped considerably, and it's even cheaper than the iPad Mini 4.
It's actually more of an update to the original iPad Air. Same thickness and weight as the Air and lacks the Air 2 laminated/anti-reflective screen.

rated:
oh heck! It doesn't. So it's just an Ipad Air 1.5?

rated:
Thanks! Traded in my Air today. That plus a couple hundred bucks is good deal for the new one. At the vary least my battery life will improve from 10 seconds to 10 hours.

rated:
rmilas said:   Thanks! Traded in my Air today. That plus a couple hundred bucks is good deal for the new one. At the vary least my battery life will improve from 10 seconds to 10 hours.
  You can trade in an iPad Air with 10 second battery life? They are pretty nice!

rated:
My iPad 1st generation still alive.......best buy don't want it

rated:
Don't quote me on exact numbers, but they were willing to give me $67 for first gen iPad mini 16 gig, but only $32 for 2nd gen mini with 64gig and Verizon wireless. Which they generously rounded up to 150!
They're screwing you on the value if you utilize their trade in deal.

rated:
beepit said:   Don't quote me on exact numbers, but they were willing to give me $67 for first gen iPad mini 16 gig, but only $32 for 2nd gen mini with 64gig and Verizon wireless. Which they generously rounded up to 150!
They're screwing you on the value if you utilize their trade in deal.

Your quoted ...

rated:
Looks like they dropped the $25 gift card, man I thought I had some more time on this!

Gotta trade our 32gb wi-fi air since we get like two hours on the battery now.

rated:
Staples is selling the new iPad for $299. Called and got a price match credit from Best Buy for $30.99

rated:
I tracked a couple of auctions for the IPAD AIR on eBay and it seems to end around $150 so the trade in value at BBY is fair at best.  The auctions were for models that had the box and were in excellent condition.

rated:
I'm sorry but if eBay auctions end at around the same price I would say Best Buy's deal is pretty good since most people wanting to trade in a iPad Air are going to have some flaw (ie: bad battery or iOS upgrade issues etc) so I would much prefer to trade it in than pay eBay fees, deal with the hassle of shipping(possibly eating the shipping costs), and tarnishing my eBay feedback once someone notices there is some issue(s) with the iPad or even chancing it with a good iPad that you deal with someone that just wants to be difficult. So that vs. bringing the unit in and just jumping through their minimal requirements and getting $150 credit to do as you like.

Just my thoughts anyway.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017