love4money
Loyal Member

https://familymobile.freedompop.com

100% FREE 

UNLIMITED TALK, TEXT, & 1GB 4G LTE DATA 

SHARE UP TO 25GB ON UP TO 10 LINES - ONLY $5/LINE

9 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — May. 26, 2017 @ 7:10am
rated:
No BYOD, must use the FreedomPop dialer instead of the regular dialer. "Free" now equals $5 line access fee per month.

rated:
Redbeard25 said:   No BYOD, must use the FreedomPop dialer instead of the regular dialer. "Free" now equals $5 line access fee per month.

I agree. $5/month/line would start with adding the third line, I think.

rated:
I don't get their plans. Why do they charge 14.99 for 2gb shared data? Does this include the $5 line access per month? why would they offer this.

rated:
matr8x said:   I don't get their plans. 
The idea is to make it as confusing as possible so that you slip up somewhere and they can charge your CC.
I have learned my lesson from RingPlus.
FREE has become very costly in terms of time & effort.
I'll rather pay Tello and get on with my life without worrying about getting charged somewhere.

rated:
feedompop sucks! They sign you up with a package to make it seem great. At the end of the promo, if you drop the whole services package then the phone service is crap. All your calls go through your wifi or mobile data. You have no access to Sprint for calls. All calls and texts go against your data allotment. You have to add premium voice at an additional 4 bucks a month to make calls on Sprint. if you want to make outgoing calls on Sprint you have to turn off mobile data and wifi during the call. software acts buggy sometimes.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
matr8x said:   I don't get their plans. 
The idea is to make it as confusing as possible so that you slip up somewhere and they can charge your CC.
I have learned my lesson from RingPlus.
FREE has become very costly in terms of time & effort.
I'll rather pay Tello and get on with my life without worrying about getting charged somewhere.

I had great luck with RingPlus and free plans, FreedomPop on the other hand is terrible.

I activated three lines, one a CDMA line, two GSM. The CDMA line went OK, got hit for a couple of unexpected charges, but nothing major. The GSM lines on the other hand are borderline scams. I have been trying to switch two lines to a free plan, site won't let me, I select a free plan, and it errors out every time, call in and they won't help me, tell me to use the website. Oh well, two lines have been ported out, and the third will be tomorrow. Even after porting you have to be very careful and make sure you cancel the line, because if you don't they will continue to charge your card.

ETA: My experience with FreedomPop is that I am considering having the card I used canceled and replaced to get them to stop billing it.

rated:
Did you have to call them to get the port-out info? I can't find the account number nor the PIN. I've got 4 FP SIMs and it seemed like a great idea, but I can't use them with the threat of a $15 charge hanging over me (for going below 100MB), nor do I want to give them $5 (to disable auto-topup). I did get caught once on the $15 thing so I'd keep that one, but I want to be ready in case a port-out deal pops up.

Thanks!
=aw

rated:
Ottawa, you can access your info on the phone by opening the fp message app. touch 3 bar square. click edit my plan. click 3 bar square again. then click my account then account settings. at phone number port out info click edit then you can change your pin. no need to call fp cust service and talk to some heavily accented person that can't understand you and vice versa.

rated:
Thanks. I don't see "Port Out Info" under Account Settings. I see Contact Information, Account Information, Voicemail Preferences, Time Zone Setting, and Email Preferences. Then a link to "Deactivate Account". Afraid to touch that one.

FWIW, I also couldn't find Port Out Info on the website on my notebook. Am I looking for the wrong thing?

BTW, I think the 3 bar square is called the Hamburger button.

Thanks!
=aw

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017