Senior Member - 8K

Posted with ToGo

Hitachi 10-in 15-Amp Bevel Compound Miter Saw
$109.00
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hitachi-10-in-15-Amp-Bevel-Compound-Miter-Saw/1005467

Views
6 Comments
Add Comment
I may be mistaken, but this has been the p;rice for at least couple of months now.

I have this saw, and it is great! I bought it about 4 years ago, on sale for $99 and it's worth every penny. I'm the type of person who can't cut a 2 x 4 stud straight with a circular saw. However, with this saw, I was able to cut all the angles for my trim board, making it look like a pro! It really renewed my faith in myself, and gave me the courage to do many more projects involving wood. With this saw, I then went on to do all the trim around all my doors and windows, including the more expensive wood like cedar that is at eye level and must be precisely cut, in order not to waste any wood. I think I'm still on the original blade too. I'd rate this tool at 9/10 stars. Minor complaints:
1. It's not a dual BEVEL, so you may have to flip your wood around for some of your angle cuts, and for me, this increases the chances I'll make the cut the wrong way.
2. The sawdust collector doesn't work well - just has a bag and only maybe 1/2 of the sawdust goes into it, the rest going onto your table or floor. It has a port to attach a vacuum, which probably is the best option, but I haven't tried it.
3. The flip fence has to be flipped up and out of the way for most cuts.
4. The knob on the miter stop sticks out a lot. But, you can easily unscrew it after use.

pentiuman said:   I have this saw, and it is great! I bought it about 4 years ago, on sale for $99 and it's worth every penny. I'm the type of person who can't cut a 2 x 4 stud straight with a circular saw. However, with this saw, I was able to cut all the angles for my trim board, making it look like a pro! It really renewed my faith in myself, and gave me the courage to do many more projects involving wood. With this saw, I then went on to do all the trim around all my doors and windows, including the more expensive wood like cedar that is at eye level and must be precisely cut, in order not to waste any wood. I think I'm still on the original blade too. I'd rate this tool at 9/10 stars. Minor complaints:
1. It's not a dual BEVEL, so you may have to flip your wood around for some of your angle cuts, and for me, this increases the chances I'll make the cut the wrong way.
2. The sawdust collector doesn't work well - just has a bag and only maybe 1/2 of the sawdust goes into it, the rest going onto your table or floor. It has a port to attach a vacuum, which probably is the best option, but I haven't tried it.
3. The flip fence has to be flipped up and out of the way for most cuts.
4. The knob on the miter stop sticks out a lot. But, you can easily unscrew it after use.

Awesome feedback, thank you for the additional info!

charlene3 said:   I may be mistaken, but this has been the p;rice for at least couple of months now.

IIRC it jumps around a bit, it was $100 last June but I think the sale price comes and goes quickly -- https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1506598

Menard's has it for the same $109 plus an 11% rebate ($97.01). 11% being Menard's in store credit, of course.

One more thing that I'd like to point our for persons not familiar with these type of saws and I haven't seen it mentioned here.  This is not a sliding compound miter saw (sliding one will let you cut much wider boards).  Not saying its not a good price or that it's bad just pointing out that you have to know what you will be using it for.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017