Can the speakers be separated from the unit?

green for cassette

msapute said:   green for cassette
If it just had an 8-track tape player...  

UkeDoggie said:   

LMAO

Can you even buy cassettes any more??

They must have found a few pallets of these sitting in a warehouse from the 90's, and decided they could sell them - but they should be priced well under a $100
for using this old school technology.

Now I assume this is from 10 yr old stock as no one in their right mind would put in a tape player (A Record Player..maybe but a tape?)

Wonder what happens when it breaks. Who can fix it?

Picture of detached speakers
Disclaimer
billfgdfser said:   Can the speakers be separated from the unit?
  YES! From the reviewers photos
I think this is a nice unit, because some folks out there just may have some cassettes they'd like to hear again!
Also a lot of more modern features

"Dance to your favorite beats, whether they're on a playlist, a CD or cassette tape, with this Sharp mini stereo system . This multifunction machine revives your old albums with multiple playing options, and Bluetooth compatibility works with modern smartphones. The two-way detachable speaker system delivers smooth sounds from this Sharp mini stereo system."

If anyone here remembers from the cassette era, the older the tape is, the more likely to stretch, break, or jam up in the player. It doesn't even have Dolby noise reduction, lol.

I do still have a few tapes in a storage box, blanks included, but using them would probably be fruitless.

Having a universal dock for apple/android devices would make much more sense.

forbin4040 said:   Now I assume this is from 10 yr old stock as no one in their right mind would put in a tape player (A Record Player..maybe but a tape?)

Wonder what happens when it breaks. Who can fix it?

Close; it was introduced almost 6 years per Amazon reviews and camelcamelcamel.
Presumably Sharp can fix it. Or for $30 you can have Geek Squad protect it for 2 years.

I have never seen a device that has both Bluetooth and a cassette player!

examiner44 said:   I have never seen a device that has both Bluetooth and a cassette player!
 Yes bluetooth is very useful. Only if I could fit this thing into my car's dash.

UkeDoggie said:   

8 tracks were awesome! 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017