https://www.walmart.com/ip/FAST-TRACK-ERC-Apple-iPhone-7-128GB-Black-LTE-Cellular-AT-T/55237516? 

I was able to get one in black, it arrived sealed in the Apple original box with all accessories untouched. I was also able to get it unlocked through the AT&T unlock portal in a few minutes. You do not have to have service with AT&T to get it unlocked. Good luck. 

Views
48 Comments
Add Comment
LocalDeals said:   https://www.walmart.com/ip/FAST-TRACK-ERC-Apple-iPhone-7-128GB-Black-LTE-Cellular-AT-T/55237516?u1=ee2c827c109711e7ba02fa47dc7d921c0INT&oid=223073.1& 

I was able to get one in black, it arrived sealed in the box with all accessories untouched. I was also able to get it unlocked through the AT&T unlock portal in a few minutes. Good luck. 

Green given, OP!
Question:  What type of box did your iPhone come in?  Original Apple box or some other type?  TIA!

DarthEnol;19828993 said:
Green given, OP!
Question:  What type of box did your iPhone come in?  Original Apple box or some other type?  TIA!

Everything was original, as it was like from Apple. 

LocalDeals said:   
DarthEnol;19828993 said:
Green given, OP!

Everything was original, as it was like from Apple. 

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Pretty nice deal, upgraded the wife's phone to this and I use AT&T so don't even need to unlock it. I usually get her a used iPhone off of craigslist, paid almost the same price for a used 64gb iPhone 6 for her a while back.

the original box,,,I gotta get one.

Great Find! HOT DEAL!!

I don't have service with AT&T. Can I still request unlock from AT&T portal?

Definitely, you do not have to have service with AT&T in order to get this thing unlocked.

7 plus at $769

NVM. All answered/

ATTENTION please! Some of these refurbished units are sold by third party seller. All the recent reviews are terrifying. ONLY to get the one that is sold by WalMart, Good luck!

Try two different credit cards and they won't let me place the order. Succeed with my debit card. Thanks OP!

Great deal, Thanks

Looks like all colors are now OOS. All colors also said sold and shipped by WalMart, does anyone know what the warranty is on these refurbs?

Raistlin said:   Looks like all colors are now OOS. All colors also said sold and shipped by WalMart,  does anyone know what the warranty is on these refurbs?

Bought mine about a month ago, warranty is still good until 11/29/17. 

LocalDeals said:   
Raistlin said:   Looks like all colors are now OOS. All colors also said sold and shipped by WalMart,  does anyone know what the warranty is on these refurbs?

Bought mine about a month ago, warranty is still good until 11/29/17. 

and thanks for sharing the deal a month ago 🙄

Some colors are back in stock now.

Edit:  They keep going in and out of stock, but the price is still $515.00.

I ordered the black one last Friday but it never processed, I called and they said it is on back order even though when I bought it was available. So that day I saw the the rose gold was back in stock so I bought that one for my wife and already got the shipping notification. I will wait to see what happens with the black one, but looks like the wife will be getting rose gold.

I ordered two of these and picked them up today. They are both model A1660, which has the "better" Qualcomm modem. They are not the WalMart quoted AT&T model.

One of them is unlocked. I tried Cricket, AT&T, TMO, Verizon and Vodafone SIMs in it, no problems.
The other is locked to Sprint (if it was a Verizon model, it wouldn't be SIM locked). I called Sprint three times and the call was disconnected twice and the one person I spoke with said I needed to go back to WalMart to get the phone unlocked. Yeah, ok.

So buyer beware. You might end up with an AT&T model or a ? model. According to what I read, iPhone 7 model A1660 is either a Verizon model, a Sprint model or the SIM free model. I don't know exactly which variant I have, but it's either the Verizon model, SIM free model or maybe a previously unlocked Sprint model.

I'll try contacting Sprint one more time to get the phone that's locked, unlocked. If I can't unlock it, it's going back to WalMart. 

The first one I ordered (Silver) it came with the original Apple box.

The second one I ordered (Black) (after it was back-in-stock) came with a plain white box that is sealed. And all the accessories are packed in a little bubble-wrapped pocket. I am returning my black one. Good luck guys.

Got the rose gold today and it was in an Apple box, had all accessories and I believe it is locked to AT&T. The model is A16 60 and it activated with my AT&T sim. Phone seems like it is in perfect shape, don't see a scratch on it. Apple warranty good until November 2017.

Unfortunately the black one I ordered shipped before I could cancel the order, now I'm gonna have to bring it to store to return.

DarthEnol said:   I ordered two of these and picked them up today. They are both model A1660, which has the "better" Qualcomm modem. They are not the WalMart quoted AT&T model.

One of them is unlocked. I tried Cricket, AT&T, TMO, Verizon and Vodafone SIMs in it, no problems.
The other is locked to Sprint (if it was a Verizon model, it wouldn't be SIM locked). I called Sprint three times and the call was disconnected twice and the one person I spoke with said I needed to go back to WalMart to get the phone unlocked. Yeah, ok.

So buyer beware. You might end up with an AT&T model or a ? model. According to what I read, iPhone 7 model A1660 is either a Verizon model, a Sprint model or the SIM free model. I don't know exactly which variant I have, but it's either the Verizon model, SIM free model or maybe a previously unlocked Sprint model.

I'll try contacting Sprint one more time to get the phone that's locked, unlocked. If I can't unlock it, it's going back to WalMart. 

Update:  

I called Sprint again today and got a CSR that was extremely helpful.  Gave her the IMEI of the locked iPhone 7 I detailed above (in bold),  I was told that the phone had never been activated (it's new), therefore it cannot be unlocked.  It's going back.

Also, both iPhones (in regular black) came in original, sealed Apple boxes with all the original accessories.

Good deal. I like it very much though I am often skeptical of refurbished phones. It has been super fast and I have no problems about it so far.

For those who are interested... Be aware that this is NOT a factory refurbished phone, and may not have the expected warranty.

Mine came with a card that said that it was refurbished by "The Recon Group" and that they provided a 90 day mail-it-off warranty.

Back to Wal-Mart it went.

- RightD

got the rose gold,  it came in a preshrinked wrapped Iphone box.  

To unlocked the device, try this link https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/request/#/unlockstep1 

IMEI in on your SIM card tray.

So, if these are shrink wrapped original box, are they really refurb?

scabreena said:   So, if these are shrink wrapped original box, are they really refurb?

Cannot speak for anyone else, but the refurb company had re-shrink wrapped mine.

It was obvious, however, that it was used (cord was rolled up in stead of wrapped, plug had marks/scratches, box bottom looked like it had gotten damp at one point, etc).

- RightD

RightD said:   For those who are interested... Be aware that this is NOT a factory refurbished phone, and may not have the expected warranty.

Mine came with a card that said that it was refurbished by "The Recon Group" and that they provided a 90 day mail-it-off warranty.

Back to Wal-Mart it went.

- RightD

Did you run the serial number through Apple's online warranty checker? I'm betting it still had the remainder of the 1-yr warranty w/Apple left on it.

Based on the info that's been showing up the last few days, it looks like WalMart's reselling whatever stock they can find.

Is this deal still alive?

ahlex said:   Is this deal still alive?

What did you see for yourself when you clicked on the link buddy? Is it that hard to see for yourself if any are available? 

LetsGoMets1 said:   
ahlex said:   Is this deal still alive?

What did you see for yourself when you clicked on the link buddy? Is it that hard to see for yourself if any are available? 

Sometimes if you repeated yourself over and over again it might actually happened. Just like praying. right? LOL

DarthEnol said:   
DarthEnol said:   I ordered two of these and picked them up today. They are both model A1660, which has the "better" Qualcomm modem. They are not the WalMart quoted AT&T model.

Update:  

I called Sprint again today and got a CSR that was extremely helpful.  Gave her the IMEI of the locked iPhone 7 I detailed above (in bold),  I was told that the phone had never been activated (it's new), therefore it cannot be unlocked.  It's going back.

Also, both iPhones (in regular black) came in original, sealed Apple boxes with all the original accessories.

Hey man, thanks for posting this info, but i'm a little lost.  If I buy one of these and want to use it on my verizon account (Swap out for the 5s i currently have on VZ), what do I need to do? Can I just Swap the sim from my old 5s iphone?  When do i have to pay VZ for activation and what is the significance of one of your phones not already being activated and why that is a problem?  

Finally, can you return these things to WalMart without paying additional fees? Thanks in advance for the knowledgeable help!  This seems like it could be a really good deal and my current iphone is now super slow when swiping right or left on Tinder, so clearly i need a new phone!!!

spoonyg said:   
DarthEnol said:   

Update:  

Hey man, thanks for posting this info, but i'm a little lost.  If I buy one of these and want to use it on my verizon account (Swap out for the 5s i currently have on VZ), what do I need to do? Can I just Swap the sim from my old 5s iphone?  When do i have to pay VZ for activation and what is the significance of one of your phones not already being activated and why that is a problem?  

Finally, can you return these things to WalMart without paying additional fees? Thanks in advance for the knowledgeable help!  This seems like it could be a really good deal and my current iphone is now super slow when swiping right or left on Tinder, so clearly i need a new phone!!!

Sounds like you need a girlfriend, not a new phone! 

spoonyg said:   
DarthEnol said:   

Update:  

Hey man, thanks for posting this info, but i'm a little lost.  If I buy one of these and want to use it on my verizon account (Swap out for the 5s i currently have on VZ), what do I need to do? Can I just Swap the sim from my old 5s iphone?  When do i have to pay VZ for activation and what is the significance of one of your phones not already being activated and why that is a problem?  

Finally, can you return these things to WalMart without paying additional fees? Thanks in advance for the knowledgeable help!  This seems like it could be a really good deal and my current iphone is now super slow when swiping right or left on Tinder, so clearly i need a new phone!!!

I've never had Verizon or Sprint service (CDMA) because you need to have your phone approved to use it on their networks.  
That said you need to have two things work for you to have this deal work:

1.  The iPhone needs to be unlocked/unlockable for use on Verizon.
2.  Verizon needs to approve the iPhone for usage on their network.

I have no clue what Verizon charges for anything.

Returns to WalMart:  I live close enough to a WalMart that I'll just drive it back to the store where I bought it.  Again, no idea what WalMart charges for returns.

I got the 128gb black A1660. It came shrink wrapped, but the box was clearly used as it had scuff marks and dirt all over. The items inside looked brand new - earphones and cords looked untouched.

The phone looked like it was brand new, despite the plastic screen cover that it came with looking really, really beat up.

I also put in an unlock request to AT&T, which has been recently approved.

Pretty happy with the purchase so far.

Anyone having any getting it unlocked? Att said it's not on their network, but when I connect it to iTunes, I get an Att pop up. Trying to get it to work with cricket. I pop my cricket sim, but I can't get pass the initial setup.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017