posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

LG Electronics OLED65B6P 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2016 Model)
$2499.00
https://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA9KB5DH9628

Views
11 Comments
Add Comment
I got this for 1800 in Feb - not sure why they jumped back up and haven't hit clearance prices yet. 2017 models are out. I'd wait for the 2017 models to drop a few.

mmconhea said:   I got this for 1800 in Feb - not sure why they jumped back up and haven't hit clearance prices yet. 2017 models are out. I'd wait for the 2017 models to drop a few.
  Where did you buy the OLED65B6p for $1800 in Feb?
I've been watching it for a while and never seen it that low.

Echo & Optics on eBay. Arrived in 5 days.
It was a one night superbowl sale on eBay where eBay offered several hundred off on tvs.
I was torn between the C and B - bought the C - Glad I went for 65 rather than 55.
3D is amazing. Picture is amazing (and even worth it at this price).

Motion handling is pretty terrible though.

mmconhea said:   Echo & Optics on eBay. Arrived in 5 days.
It was a one night superbowl sale on eBay where eBay offered several hundred off on tvs.
I was torn between the C and B - bought the C - Glad I went for 65 rather than 55.

Amazing deal.

It was a one night superbowl sale on eBay where eBay offered several hundred off on tvs.

eBay sale = no LG warranty.  They are finicky about that kind of thing.

Newegg is an authorized LG retailer, so you get the full warranty.

brentpresley said:   

eBay sale = no LG warranty.  They are finicky about that kind of thing.

Newegg is an authorized LG retailer, so you get the full warranty.

Not sure about eBay, but I'm sure LG will warrant a TV even if not bought from an authorized seller.  Just gotta prove you're the first owner, bought ti from a store and not from an individual.

I had no idea this was a problem with OLED sets.
I have a 60" Pioneer plasma Elite Pro that works great but was thinking about something bigger.
I guess I will just sit tight since I have zero problems with motion.

brentpresley said:   

eBay sale = no LG warranty.  They are finicky about that kind of thing.

Newegg is an authorized LG retailer, so you get the full warranty.

Wrong. Confirmed by LG - American model sold as new in the US = warranty. Call them and confirm. I did. I registered and already used support (replacement remote from LG at no cost).
Also eBay is considered a storefront, not a seller. Newegg sells on eBay. Echo&Optics sells on eBay

rushhound said:   

I have a 60" Pioneer plasma Elite Pro that works great but was thinking about something bigger.

I think it's just LG being behind Samsung and Sony on this. It's acceptable, but there's no way to complete remove artifacts and judder at the same time. It's one or the other. 
2017 models may improve upon it. 

I have this TV, it is awesome. However there are some issues with motion. It is only noticeable on 10% of things.. I don't know if it is the motion/4k content up converting or what but it is really annoying. I think it has to do with the APP/settings because on Netflix everything is great.

Anyways I would buy this TV again. I paid 3k with $600 gift card in December from Newegg.

rushhound said:   

Let me know when your ready to sell your Plasma!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017