I know this chair isn't for everyone on FW, but this is a great price on a chair that rarely goes on sale for more than 15% off retail. This same chair from the herman miller store with the upgraded MCL leather would be $5190 + shipping + tax = >$6000 for me in California. This chair was temporarily available at Sams Club earlier this month for ~$4000.

http://www.costco.com/Eames-MCL-Full-Grain-Leather-Lounge-Chair-and-Ottoman-by-Herman-Miller.product.100302165.html 

33 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
wdrummel said:   I know this chair isn't for everyone on FW...
Indeed. Perhaps this one is.

rated:
I know this isn't for everyone, but with the money saved on FW, what not?
Comfy! 

rated:
If you enjoy the iconic, artistic and historical aspect of it, you will not be disappointed. It is super comfortable.

rated:
Thanks OP. This is a great deal, and may actually make me buy a house sooner to put it in.

I bought my work from home dad a used Aeron chair for his birthday last year. Can't go wrong.

rated:

rated:
The link is no use and I cannot find it. can you send it to me again?

rated:
Occasional said:   This is only $100 less than the [l=[L=Design Within Reach/Design-Within-Reach- coupons/#shopnow=http://www.Designwithinreach.com[/L] /Design-Within-Reach- coupons/#shopnow=http://www.Designwithinreach.com[/L] . Not sure it's such a hot deal.[/l]
  The MCL leather is an upgrade. I"m seeing $5,190 for this chair at DWR.com.  http://www.dwr.com/living-lounge-chairs/eames-lounge-chair-and-o...

rated:
$6000 for a chair is a good deal? I must be doing something wrong.

rated:
Commenters are really confused.

It's $3899.99 from Costco.
It's $5199 from DWR but they sometimes run a 15% off deal, making it $4419.15.
The cheaper Vicenza leather version from DWR is $4960 or $4216 during a 15% off sale.

OP's deal is the best price you can find by far on a new Eames.

rated:
nomonies said:   $6000 for a chair is a good deal? I must be doing something wrong.
  No, it is only $3,900!  LOL!  25% off  

rated:
Seems expensive for plywood.

rated:
Has anybody compared the "real thing" Herman Miller Eames chairs with the Chinese knock-offs like these here? Is it worth the diff in price?

rated:
This chair is very good for recovery from surgery. I spent many hours on it after selling my kidney.

rated:
nothing says mid century modern lie an eames.
at least costco is trying. most of their furniture is very hum drum.

rated:
Lots of flame on this deal, and I can certainly understand the absurdity of spending this much on a single chair. But if you're actually serious about buying an Eames chair, I'd recommend ordering the swatches to make sure you really want that particular leather/wood combo. I personally ended up deciding on the All Grain Edelman leather over the MCL--less shine and had a nice supple feel to it. With the annual 15% off sale at DWR, if you can wait that long, it'd come out to around $4600 before tax.

rated:
For 3900 bucks, I want a heated chair that gives massages...with happy endings.

rated:
You can get a Porshe chair for that kind of money http://shop3.porsche.com/usa/lifestyle/home/wap0500080e/office-c...

rated:
simbat said:   You can get a Porshe chair for that kind of money http://shop3.porsche.com/usa/lifestyle/home/wap0500080e/office-c... 
  You are talking about two TOTALLY different Target markets here.

You have to give OP the green thumb, this is a legit hot deal on a legit Eames. The price may be crazy to some considering the throw-away world we live in currently, but this chair is a center piece for any modern living room. It will stand the test of time and always be a classic piece.

rated:
It's a legit deal. Not in my taste, but it will be for someone. A good price if you are looking to purchase right now.

rated:
booklover said:   Thanks OP. This is a great deal, and may actually make me buy a house sooner to put it in.  ...
  A couple years ago you could have bought a house for the price of 3 of these!  Granted, a house in Detroit - but still, a house...  

rated:
So, uh, buy it, use for a decade, return for full refund?

(It's a joke, or is it...?)

rated:
fw9999 said:   
booklover said:   Thanks OP. This is a great deal, and may actually make me buy a house sooner to put it in.  ...
  A couple years ago you could have bought a house for the price of 3 of these!  Granted, a house in Detroit - but still, a house...  

At least the chair doesn't need insurance. Actually, at that price...  

rated:
I saw the chair in a Costco B&M today, can't believe they are letting people sit and wreck it. Comes in the same box and looks the same as the one I have at home.

rated:
thanks op

rated:
joelacase said:   
simbat said:   You can get a Porshe chair for that kind of money http://shop3.porsche.com/usa/lifestyle/home/wap0500080e/office-c...
  You are talking about two TOTALLY different Target markets here.

You have to give OP the green thumb, this is a legit hot deal on a legit Eames. The price may be crazy to some considering the throw-away world we live in currently, but this chair is a center piece for any modern living room. It will stand the test of time and always be a classic piece.

First of all, no one has to give anyone "the green thumb". Secondly, I don't see how a single seater can be the centerpiece of any modern living room unless it's a room for just one person. Finally, no one can tell the future.

I can see how owning this very nice chair could give pleasure to some people, but that's as far as I'd take it.

rated:
Too expensive. I would rather buy a cheaper one.

rated:
thanks for sharing

rated:
I'd rather use the money on something else H&B! , but the Herman Miller Chairs are really that comfortable , only time I got to try them was at Citigroup but damnnnn the way it contours and adjusts to you I could easily and have fallen asleep sitting

rated:
good good. thanks

rated:
in for 2, one for each dog

rated:
Why do we need this chair? $3,900 plus tax is not reasonable even if I had that much money saved up. I rather blow it on HDTV than "artistic" lumber and leather.

rated:
miqie said:   I know this isn't for everyone, but with the money saved on FW, what not?
Comfy!

$28 Million for an ugly @$$ chair like that? This is when you know capitalism has gone too far and the equations need to be readjusted. I'm kind of surprised Trump didn't just buy it for the White House and let the american taxpayers foot the bill...Or maybe he could make an equally believable promise that Mexico will pay for it...   

btw, I can't figure out how to delete the message i made right before this one....

rated:
I am heading down to Cosco now in my $900 Crown Vic. Going to tie 2 of those suckers to my roof!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017