posted 2 months ago by
peanutwhistle
Tired Member

My local Lowes has the Coleman, 2 watt, solar, 12V battery maintainer on clearance for $5.25, regularly about $25.  Model # 58012,  Item # 395088.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Coleman-13-78-in-x-4-92-in-x-0-79-in-2-...

12 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
How well do these work? I have an ol' beater truck that sometimes goes months without being driven; low battery is always a problem, and this would be a very easy and cheap solution, if it works.

rated:
I'm in the same situation, and for six bucks, was going to take a shot.  (Un)Fortunately, there isn't one in stock within 50 miles.

rated:
Price now shows as $25

rated:
It looks good. I want to know: Will this discharge a battery at night when no charge will happen in dark.

rated:
The 2 Watt Solar panel will not allow any energy to travel back into the panel, or discharge your battery. It is designed to offset the natural discharge of your battery.

rated:
Seen this at Fry's.com  for $12.95 with promo code,for another option.LINK

rated:
Thanks OP

rated:
This is a good deal.

rated:
I have one of these and it works great. good ones have electronics to prevent back flow/overcharge.

Beware! Harbor freight sells one that looks similar - but the charge controller is sold separately (and they don't say you need one, but you do).

rated:
yahoot said:   I have one of these and it works great. good ones have electronics to prevent back flow/overcharge.

Beware! Harbor freight sells one that looks similar - but the charge controller is sold separately (and they don't say you need one, but you do).

how do u know it worked great? what do you use this for?

rated:
I keep this in my car for when I travel with the idea that this can keep me from coming back to a dead battery. So far it's worked perfectly, even in less than ideal Sky conditions.

rated:
torresfija said:   I keep this in my car for when I travel with the idea that this can keep me from coming back to a dead battery. So far it's worked perfectly, even in less than ideal Sky conditions.
  how long was ur vacation? i left car without any of these toys for 1.5 months without any problem.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017