MISTERCHEAP
MOTY 2016

www.restaurant.com

code is BEST.

may be only $1 for $10 certs as well.

Views
2 Comments
Add Comment
Well, I was editing my post in the other thread that brought you here, so I'll paste the final edit.

Local Flavor was Double Take Deals (I worked there for a bit), a site trying to compete with Groupon/ Living Social . They are (were*) owned by Gannett (USA Today) and one of their subsidiaries does those magazines with coupons (Mint, Clipper, etc). Local Flavor is basically the merging of the DTD & the mags so you can go to one place for both. They advertise Local Flavor on the front page of those mailed coupon magazines, but I have met no one that ever knew the ad was there. *I just googled and found out that clipper was bought in 2015, so it may not be partnered anymore.

As for restaurant.com , they have become more and more restrictive. Some deals require a purchase of 3x the coupon price (e.g., $10 cert requires a $30 purchase). The number of participants is also low, with a VERY low retention rate (in my area anyhow). The plus side to restaurant is that they have these deals quite often. They used to sell eGift Certs at 80-95% off, and I still have $190 in eGifts to redeem that I probably bought for $20 or less. They also have a high turnaround rate of supporters, and many have reported restaurants listed on the site that refusing the certs. Because of the turnaround I now have over $150 in certs that need to be turned back into "gift certs." Needless to say, I won't need to shell out any cash for certs for a LONG LONG time.

kdn102 said:   Well, I was editing my post in the other thread that brought you here, so I'll paste the final edit.

Local Flavor was Double Take Deals (I worked there for a bit), a site trying to compete with Groupon/ Living Social . They are (were*) owned by Gannett (USA Today) and one of their subsidiaries does those magazines with coupons (Mint, Clipper, etc). Local Flavor is basically the merging of the DTD & the mags so you can go to one place for both. They advertise Local Flavor on the front page of those mailed coupon magazines, but I have met no one that ever knew the ad was there. *I just googled and found out that clipper was bought in 2015, so it may not be partnered anymore.

As for restaurant.com , they have become more and more restrictive. Some deals require a purchase of 3x the coupon price (e.g., $10 cert requires a $30 purchase). The number of participants is also low, with a VERY low retention rate (in my area anyhow). The plus side to restaurant is that they have these deals quite often. They used to sell eGift Certs at 80-95% off, and I still have $190 in eGifts to redeem that I probably bought for $20 or less. They also have a high turnaround rate of supporters, and many have reported restaurants listed on the site that refusing the certs. Because of the turnaround I now have over $150 in certs that need to be turned back into "gift certs." Needless to say, I won't need to shell out any cash for certs for a LONG LONG time.

very limited area, for my part of Alabama, there was one place but on restaurant.com there were many.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017