posted 48 years ago by
ctgolfer
Star of the Week

Posted with ToGo

Husky 46 in. 9-Drawer Mobile Workbench with Solid Wood Top, Black
$199
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-46-in-9-Drawer-Mobile-Workbench-with-Solid-Wood-Top-Black-7440946R/206839475

• This is an upgraded version of previous 46 in. 9-drawer mobile workbench (model 7440946); upgraded features are noted below
      • Drawer dimensions: top drawer: 41.5 in. W x 15.4 in. D x 4.0 in. H (4) small drawers: 19.4 in. W x 15.4 in. D x 3.0 in. H (2) medium drawers: 19.4 in. W x 15.4 in. D x 3.5 in. H (2) large drawers: 19.4 in. W x 15.4 in. D x 9.4 in. H
      • Full-extension ball-bearing drawer slides support up to 100 lbs. and feature Secure Latch retention system that ensures your drawers are completely closed and secured
      • All-welded steel construction with a tough, rust-resistant powder coat black paint finish
      • 3/4 in. thick solid wood top provides a large work surface
      • Full-width top drawer provides storage for longer, bulkier items
      • Extra-deep bottom drawers are supported by a double set of slides for extra support
      • Ergonomic tubular side handle makes it easy to move your cabinet around your workspace
      • 5 in. x 2 in. casters (2 stationary and 2 swivel with toe locks) can support up to 1200 lbs.
      • Internal keyed locking system (with 2 provided keys) provides added security
      • Product dimensions: 46.1 in. W (49.3 in. with handle) x 18.1 in. D x 37.1 in. H weighing 182.6 lbs.
      • Carton dimensions: 50 in. W x 22.4 in. D x 33.7 in. H weighing 201.2 lbs.
      • Minimal assembly required: install casters and handle

Views
9 Comments
Add Comment
Got one of these a couple of years ago--it's great for what it costs, and better than Sears Craftsman "standard duty" tool cabinets (which ain't saying a whole lot).
The wood top on mine is surprisingly nice. I could easily imagine young folks using this as a low-cost kitchen island unit, especially wuth black appliances.

When you pick this up at the store, examine the box carefully for damage, at least if you're picky about dents.
Also, I'm not seeing free shipping, as the title currently suggests. I can't see how Home Depot could offer that..? This thing weighs 200lbs.!

Shipping is $99. It is certainly not free. OP, please remove "FS" from title, unless you have info on how to get free shipping.
You really have to pick this up in store.

I've been waiting for these to go on sale again. Hopefully these come with drawer liners.

I found a product in Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Husky-9-Drawer-Mobile-Workbench-Solid/dp/...
They looks similar, but there is a big difference in price. Are they the same product? If it is, why the price is so different? Is this a certified product?

mrcheck said:   I've been waiting for these to go on sale again. Hopefully these come with drawer liners.
The one I bought a couple years ago did not include drawer liners, but apparently some sold since have included them.
Tool drawer liners seem to be priced ridiculously high for what you get imo.  Further, they often curl up, shift around, and can be generally annoying.

My solution for this cabinet, at least for the lower 8 drawers, was to buy 8 "general purpose mats" at the dollar store and trim to fit. They are thin, stay flat, and work well.
The mats were similar to these ones at Dollar Tree, but came in various colors. Drawer depths are 16" so the widths were good-to-go.

That's one handsome piece of furniture. Would go great in my kitchen or son's bedroom.

Got this on Black Friday. Came with liners for all the drawers.
Works great for my non-professional purposes and it has really saved my sanity now that my tools aren't scattered about in several different tool boxes.

Discover 5% cash back at home improvement stores starts tomorrow.

Nicer than expected for the price. Pre-cut drawer liners were included.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017