posted 1 month ago by
UkeDoggie
Skeptical Member

Among the many "Spring Black Friday" item is Home Depot's annual "rite-of-Spring special":
Ames 4 cu. ft. Poly Lawn Cart for $19.88  with free store pickup.  Apparently Spring is here!

My 3 year old one is holding up fine, despite spending some time stored outside, and being used in many, many projects. It's amazing how much weight it can hold, although I wouldn't want to push/pull it over uneven ground at the 250 lb. limit. That would be asking a bit much of the plastic wheels on the end of the axles...  Anyway, this is a great no-tip cart and perfect for hauling around, say, bags of $2 mulch!
Read the reviews and you'll see most agree.

19 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
The plastic tray split between the front supports after a few weeks of intermittent use in moving loads of soil. Not a robust piece of equipment; henceforth, I will use metal trays only.

rated:
Haven't had any issue with mine, but it's seen light duty

rated:
I bought one of these 2 or 3 years ago and I'd be lost without it.  The handiest cart I've ever had, and it doesn't tip sideways like the old wheelbarrow I used to use.  If the load's not too heavy I can even push it with one hand. Yes, they're lightweight which does not make them ideal for heavy duty jobs, but they're great for routine yard work.  We have a big yard and I'm constantly using mine for things like hauling a bag of mulch as the OP mentioned, moving plants, leaves, weeds and stones, potting soil, paint and tools, etc.. We even fill ours with soapy water to make an elevated "sink" when we have some large things to wash outside (kids' plastic toys, etc.). 

rated:
I'd like large wheels near the handle (or both from and back) to help me get over bumpy driveway..
maybe I need a wagon! LOL

rated:
I bought one about 3 years ago as well. It doesn't get a ton of use but great to have around. Just after I got mine we had a neighborhood party and I used it as a drink cart. Put liquor bottles in the top tray and filled the rest with Beer, Ice and Soda/Juice for mixers. It took a lot of ice and melted pretty quickly but everyone liked it.

rated:
Well I ordered one. The comparative price on AMZ is 63.80.

rated:
In for one! (And 10 bags of $2 mulch!)

rated:
In for 1, thanks OP!

rated:
Does the lawn cart have two wheels or are there also wheels on the back for a total of four wheels? It's a bit hard to tell from the picture.

rated:
We have yet to dig it out of the shed this Spring yet, but we have had this lawn cart for 4 or 5 years. Made well and still under $20! Good buy.

rated:
suzannesage said:   Does the lawn cart have two wheels or are there also wheels on the back for a total of four wheels? It's a bit hard to tell from the picture.

Two big wheels on the front and two little wheels on the back. Just looked at them in the store today. Light duty but you can't beat the price.

rated:
Can I use this to move an old washer and dryer that are out on my back porch to a junk pile thats about 300 yards out in the woods behind us?

rated:
timheredia said:   Can I use this to move an old washer and dryer that are out on my back porch to a junk pile thats about 300 yards out in the woods behind us?
  No, it can't handle such heavy weight and it is not flat.
I own this and I love it to carry mulch, soil, bricks, etc. I broke bottom plastic base once when I dropped a big stone in it.

rated:
timheredia said:   Can I use this to move an old washer and dryer that are out on my back porch to a junk pile thats about 300 yards out in the woods behind us?
  No, this would not work for moving appliances. Junk pile 300 yards away sounds nice though.

rated:
Make sure you check the wheels at the store. Mine kept popping off.

rated:
What are the dimensions on this? Big enough to carry a 40 lb bag of potting soil?

rated:
  LMAO I think he was being sarcastic LOL

rated:
taylorlily2 said:   What are the dimensions on this? Big enough to carry a 40 lb bag of potting soil?
  I just got mine, but I'd say, yes it should easily handle 40lbs

rated:
Thanks, OP.  Just ordered 2.  We borrowed one from a neighbor after the house burned to use for picking up around the remains of the house and the yard, and it was so useful that we've wanted to buy one but of course have been waiting for a deal like this.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017