posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 8K

Acronis True Image 2017 Software - Free after Rebate + FS at Newegg

Promo Code: AFMACWBAUP

Views
19 Comments
Add Comment
Free shipping requires Premier membership.

use promo code: ACWBAUP with this link

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832200128

this one also gives you FREE shipping (no need for Premier)

Green because they sponsor F1's Toro Rosso team.

The $30 rebate, which is processed by RebatesHQ.com, is not (yet) found for on-line submission. I loathe sending in rebates that I can't electronically self pre-populate. IMO a hand populated form (even if typing the data onto that form) increases errors, processing time, and the probability that the rebate will be rejected.

Were it not for the rebate concerns above, I'd jump on this deal. Alas, I'm out.

I use Acronis for swapping out drives, etc. and it's a very user friendly program. And I had to pay for it! : /

It was charging me $2.99 shipping with the code. Passed on the deal.

When I added ctgolfer's code, it was $30 w/$30 MIR and offered free Super Eggsaver shipping (7-10 days). Don't think I'd even logged in yet, and I'm not Premier anyway.

TCB has 2% CB which I guess is 60c and covers the stamp (okay, 13c MM ).

Remember the Order Confirmation Newegg emails is _not_ the receipt for rebate purposes, for that you need to print the invoice from the Newegg site (I got caught on this with a Netgear rebate, I printed what Newegg emailed me and it was rejected, with a 1-time offer to resubmit. I printed the invoice and the rebate was paid).

I'm still using my Acronis 11.0 from 2008 (?) and it still runs on WIn 10 from what I can see. Even thought Macrium Reflect and EaseUS are supposedly better, and free, I always go back to Acronis for some reason.

=aw

How good is Acronis compared to Macrium Reflect?

docjoo said:   How good is Acronis compared to Macrium Reflect?
I switched to Macrium and am very happy with it.

Acronis had more functionality (that I didn't need) but I had a lot of trouble with it in terms of restoring/cloning OSs.  And the 2016 version I had didn't support NVMe drives.  For the $2 tax AR I picked up the 2017 version but I'll probably stick with Macrium.

I've never had any problem restoring a True Image archive - over multiple versions. I've restored a few dozen of them. Technically, you're supposed to check the archive after you make it but I rarely do.

The newer versions of True Image are far from perfect. I much prefer the "old" user interface. But the old versions of True Image - at least the rescue CD (though I boot it from USB) don't like newer hardware when I try to boot them. Actually, when I buy new versions of True Image, I get them only for the rescue image. I very rarely ever install the software in Windows anymore.

There are other ways to clone. I also use Clonezilla, which has a terrible user interface but seems to work reliably. Some images I've saved with Clonezilla are smaller than the True Image image of the same exact thing. And Clonezilla isn't proprietary - you could manually restore the images yourself if you really needed to. They are open source standard files. That's one downside for me of software like True Image: proprietary interface means I must use it to restore. But I still use it for some things.

My primary problems were with the bare metal recovery.

All....I've used Macrium Reflect Free for many years and have never had any issues. I work in tech. You can create a bootable thumb drive and clone or image with it. I've used Acronis True Image successfully as well, but after two to three mishaps, it was dead to me!

Dead today, April 1.  After $30 rebates still $19.99.

I don't have premier. I just used ctgolfer's code and it's $30 before rebate and $0 shipping for this product. I don't know what is the difference between this product and the original link. ACWBAUP 
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832200128&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-FatWallet,%20Inc.-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=361116&SID=ebs2d10937d9344d1491065710506sbe 

One review said it wouldn't clone an SSD but Macrium Reflect Free will.   Does it really not support this?

Read the reviews with a gain of salt. Some users simply don't know what they are doing and will blame the software instead of their own ignorance.

Dead today, April 1. After $30 rebates still $19.99.
I think there are two Newegg items for this product. It's still looking like FAR for me.

=aw

Aargh! Just bought for $10 AR.

Why does Newegg list the same item under two different listings with different prices but same rebate? Confuse people so that they end up paying more? Not good.

Still working ($30-$30MIR, 60c back from TCB), says sale ends Monday.

=aw

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017