posted 3 months ago by
rockymast
Ancient Member

SlickVPN is offering one month of free service to the first 2017 subscribers today only. This is in response to the US government bill being passed which will allow Internet service providers to sell all of our browsing data against our knowledge or will.

Deal link: https://www.slickvpn.com/l52/freedom-friday

Info link: https://www.slickvpn.com/broadband-privacy/

23 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
So far it's been spotty for me. There are days when it doesn't work at all. and no one mentioned but CORE is limited locations versus their normal product.

rated:
Put in my email and have not had a response in over an hour. May be dead.
I wouldn't pay upfront for a year without a trail to see how the speed and service are.

rated:
Got the confirmation email. Works for me!

rated:
fa282 said:   Put in my email and have not had a response in over an hour. May be dead.
I wouldn't pay upfront for a year without a trail to see how the speed and service are.

Slickvpn's email said: Thank you for your interest in SlickVPN services.

Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser's address bar to complete the registration and claim your free SlickVPN Core account.

=13px                  

rated:
Now that isp's can sell your browsing habits does the vpn stop their seeing where you go?

rated:
yesid0n0itall said:   Now that isp's can sell your browsing habits does the vpn stop their seeing where you go?
  All the ISP can see is you connecting to the VPN entrance node.

rated:
Can I direct my actual traffic through this with a vlan and leave garbage visible? Have any ISPs agreed not to sell?

rated:
When I am getting free VPN from Opera browser, why should I pay for this service (after trial ends)?

rated:
Boochi said:   When I am getting free VPN from Opera browser, why should I pay for this service (after trial ends)?
  Maybe this service is more better

rated:
Which is the best VPN?

rated:
The idea of vpn is ALL traffic goes through it. Not just your web traffic (that is what is called a proxy). You create a secure encrypted pipe from you to the VPN service and your ISP just sees jumbled data.

I would probably take a look at the reviewed services that tech radar and the like have covered as a starting point. They are businesses that have been around for years, large data caps, many outgoing nodes. Today everyone and their dad is making a vpn service and the fact is you have no idea what they do with their data, so find a service that has been around a while and passes the smell test.

rated:
Has anyone used VPN server on ASUS RT-AC66U router?

rated:
The Opera VPN only hides traffic originating from the Opera browser. It doesn't block all internet traffic from your device -- torrent downloads through a client, for instance.

rated:
Is there any ZERO Knowledge VPN service?

Anyone know a good book or forum/website where these things are discussed?

rated:
How to flush/reset IP address when not using VPN? When I use SlickVPN sometimes it connects to the VPN server and sometimes it does not. Either way after I disconnect, I have issues reconnecting to Internet (get timeouts, very very slow, etc). Reboot does not help. Sometimes Restore to previous restore point helps. When I checked my ip location on whatismyip.com or others it is showing different location, so it seems even when I am not using the VPN to the outside world I have a different address which might be causing the problems.

rated:
I have no idea what you just asked.
You aren't on the VPN but shows a new ipaddress? Huh?

rated:
After I disconnect from the VPN, and if I am successful to connect to speedtest.net, then speedtest.net shows my internet provider is something different.
If I am able to connect to myipaddress.com or one of the other sites which display your ip address and location, they show my ip address is located in a different state or even country from where I am located.

rated:
finddeals2 said:   After I disconnect from the VPN, and if I am successful to connect to speedtest.net, then speedtest.net shows my internet provider is something different.
If I am able to connect to myipaddress.com or one of the other sites which display your ip address and location, they show my ip address is located in a different state or even country from where I am located.

myipaddress.com saysMy IP address is wrong! How can that be?
If your computer is located behind a firewall, the firewall may be hiding your computer's actual IP address from myIPaddress.com. In which case the IP address displayed is actually the IP address of the firewall, not your computer.Similarly, if your computer is behind a "proxy server" or "web cache" (i.e., a computer that intercepts requests for web pages in order to speed up frequently-requested pages), the IP address displayed is probably the IP address of the proxy server or web cache -- not your computer.Note that your computer may be behind a proxy server or web cache without your knowledge! A number of companies and Internet Service Providers use "transparent web caches", which intercept requests for web pages without any special configuration of your computer.

rated:
So after a while the IP address on myIPaddress.com starts reporting an IP address for my location and speed and connection issues resolve.  Is there a way to flush the ISP web cache as I no setup one?  Thanks

rated:
sounds more like the VPN was in the process of disconnecting (Sometimes can take a while) and you were checking during that time.

rated:
Boochi said:   When I am getting free VPN from Opera browser, why should I pay for this service (after trial ends)?
  From what I understand, the Opera VPN is really a proxy server, not a vpn. Also, it fails the grc shields-up test and leaves your computer vulnerable with ports open (22, 80 and 443). In a DNS leak test, it uses google as the lookup for pages you visit, keeping that information forever.

rated:
dwayne33 said:   
  From what I understand, the Opera VPN is really a proxy server, not a vpn. Also, it fails the grc shields-up test and leaves your computer vulnerable with ports open (22, 80 and 443). In a DNS leak test, it uses google as the lookup for pages you visit, keeping that information forever.

Forever?  Thats a long time, I better not search for how to get rid of the ex

rated:
Nord looks like a real good one. 3 and change a month for 2 years. Many servers world wide. Never tried it. Anyone have Nord?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017