posted 1 month ago by
cherryhand
Happy Member

Amazon has TP-Link N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender, AP mode Supported(TL-WA855RE) on sale for $17.99.
Free shipping on orders over $35.
https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wi-Fi-Extender-Supported-TL-WA855RE/dp/B0195Y0A42/

5 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — May. 26, 2017 @ 9:12pm
rated:
I have been a purchase wifi router in the Amazon site for last week. I'm very satisfied to use this product.

rated:
Can this device be used as a hardline Cat 5e/6 gigabit switch & as an acess point? IP addresses assigned by another wired router located elsewher?

rated:
taylorlily2 said:   Can this device be used as a hardline Cat 5e/6 gigabit switch & as an acess point? IP addresses assigned by another wired router located elsewher?
  Yes, you can do that. The TP-Link AC 1900 has 5 ports on the back of it to which you can use Cat 5 or 6 cable to add an additional switch for connecting additional devices that will all have their IP addresses assigned by your primary router if that is what you want to do.

rated:
huangxuanastic said:   
taylorlily2 said:   Can this device be used as a hardline Cat 5e/6 gigabit switch & as an acess point? IP addresses assigned by another wired router located elsewher?
  Yes, you can do that. The TP-Link AC 1900 has 5 ports on the back of it to which you can use Cat 5 or 6 cable to add an additional switch for connecting additional devices that will all have their IP addresses assigned by your primary router if that is what you want to do.

You seem to be confused.. this is not the AC 1900, nore does it do any of that. This is nothing more then a repeater, I think it has an ethernet port for setting up but it isn't a wifi>ethernet adapter. 

I actually ran through these while doing a recent project and these repeaters are kind of junk. You need to make sure they are on the fringe of your main wifi range but close enough to net like 3 bars for strength. Instead tp-link offers a hybrid powerline and wifi extender package where you send one of your ethernet ports into the powerlines on the router side, and then you can hook up either a traditional ethernet port adapter to another wall outlet or plug their wifi extender adapter into a wall outlet and it becomes a "second access point", the second access point can either have its own credentials or clone the credentials of your current network. You will need to manually select the "strongest" access point on your device though. It still appears as a layer 2 device and IP addresses are managed by the original router. 

The repeaters are fine if you "just need a signal" but if you are gaming or streaming video and bandwidth (my project was whole house streaming) is mandatory, go with the power line wifi extender kit. 

rated:
I have one. Crap.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017