posted 3 months ago by
SlyTech
Geeky member

Usual YMMV, found it once logged into americanexpress.com under Amex Offers.  Basically $5 off $5, can be used 3 times!

34 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
1/3 for me. Thanks OP!

rated:
Didn't have this offer on my card, but saw I had the Dollar Shave Club offer and I use their shave butter, so this post still helped me out! lol

rated:
I have this offer but I've never used Android pay before, lol. How exactly does this work and where can I use it? I assume not all places accept Android pay? Maybe I could buy some cheap giftcards somewhere?

Any insight would be helpful.

-Guru

rated:
Android pay option isn't showing up on Newegg app anyone else with this issue?

Shows up on Bhphoto app

rated:
ListedGuru said:   I have this offer but I've never used Android pay before, lol. How exactly does this work and where can I use it? I assume not all places accept Android pay? Maybe I could buy some cheap giftcards somewhere?

Any insight would be helpful.

-Guru

https://www.android.com/pay/where-to-use/

rated:
soulzeng said:   Android pay option isn't showing up on Newegg app anyone else with this issue?

Shows up on Bhphoto app

Newegg does not accept Android Pay for the following types of purchases:

• Will Call orders
  • Back Orders
  • Pre-Orders
  • Orders to a PO Box
  • Orders to addresses with special symbols or characters
  • Subscription orders
  • Digital items

rated:
withnoe said:   
soulzeng said:   Android pay option isn't showing up on Newegg app anyone else with this issue?

Shows up on Bhphoto app

Newegg does not accept Android Pay for the following types of purchases:

• Will Call orders
  • Back Orders
  • Pre-Orders
  • Orders to a PO Box
  • Orders to addresses with special symbols or characters
  • Subscription orders
  • Digital items

Yup still not working for me. Was trying to get me some termal paste =[. 

rated:
I won't pay with phones ever.

rated:
myisland said:   I won't pay with phones ever.
  why not. even if they pay u $15?

rated:

I believe you.  Some people will probably never do online bill pay either.  Even if it's free and saves money on stamps and checks.

rated:
I see Texaco and Chevron are on the list of places that accept Android Pay.
Anyone ever done this?  I assume there are directions on the pump if it's available?
Seems like an easy way to get $5 free gas at a pop. 

rated:
0/2 for me.

rated:
5/24 for me. I'll take it. Thanks OP.

rated:
rushhound said:   I see Texaco and Chevron are on the list of places that accept Android Pay.
Anyone ever done this?  I assume there are directions on the pump if it's available?
Seems like an easy way to get $5 free gas at a pop. 

i think you have to go inside and pay

rated:
6/6

rated:
walgreen, luckys accept android pay

rated:
winn dixie is probably the best bet if you have any around you. free groceries.

rated:
Sounds like a good deal but 0/2 for me...

rated:

I won't pay with checks ever.
I won't pay with a debit card ever.
I won't pay with a credit card ever.

rated:
0/3

rated:
kvs25 said:   winn dixie is probably the best bet if you have any around you. free groceries.
  so do stop and shop and acme.

rated:
I think the chick fil a app takes it too.  3 reloads to the app!  9 more breakfast filets ($1.59 each!)!

rated:
Chic fil a requires at least $10 , how you add $5 for 3 refills.

rated:
I tend to buy a lot of groupons, the groupon app takes it!

rated:
Did 3 reloads on Dunkin Donuts App. $10 minimum per reload.

rated:
  "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."Ken Olsen, founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

rated:
AzianFleeMarket said:   Chic fil a requires at least $10 , how you add $5 for 3 refills.
  Did I say I added only 5?  
Nope, I made 3 reloads of 10 each.  But only half of that was my money...

Don't get caught up in details...

rated:
Had on 15 cards but no NFC phone. Opened 45 new DD accounts (all with different Bdays)and loaded each with $5. 45 free sign up bonus drinks, 45 free Bday drinks and $225 to spend. Tedious but Tasty.

rated:
SlyTech said:   Usual YMMV, found it once logged into americanexpress.com under Amex Offers.  Basically $5 off $5, can be used 3 times!
  YOU HAVE TO HAVE THIS OFFER under amex offers when you login to you account correct? So I can login from a pc to see if the offer is on my account?????
or do I "Download the Android Pay app from Google Play and add your American Express® Card by taking a picture of it." and then check if the offer is on my card????
It is not on ANY of my or my authorized users blue or hilton honors. Any way to get this offer added?

thx for any help

rated:
bxlefty23 said:   
kvs25 said:   winn dixie is probably the best bet if you have any around you. free groceries.
  so do stop and shop and acme.

Sadly, Stop & Shop only sells fixed amount gift cards and the smallest they have is $10. Shoprite sells in any amount you want. I've used the offer on 12 cards so far, probably 30 of the 36 transactions have been to buy $5 gift cards at Shoprite. I don't spend enough at Acme to be worth it. I also used it on a few small-ish transacttions at S&S and Fairway that were a bit over $5.

I still have it on 4 cards. I hope to buy gift cards at Trader Joe's this weekend with those 12 transactions The offer expires on 5/3.  

rated:
Reminder to use this offer by Wednesday.

I finished up my cards at Trader Joe's on Saturday. It worked fine, although the cashier didn't seem to be thrilled to be doing 12 separate transactions.

rated:
I've found it to be buggy. At stores which accept apple/android pay I'm about 80/20 work/didn't work. And when it doesn't work the cashiers just throw their hands up and ask me to swipe/chip my physical card.

rated:
Technologist said:   I think the chick fil a app takes it too.  3 reloads to the app!  9 more breakfast filets ($1.59 each!)!

I was able to reload $10 twice but it is blocking me on the 3rd attempt.  I did two last night and was blocked on the 3rd reload attempt, tried again today and still blocked.
AmEx says they are not blocking, Android Pay says they are also not blocking.  Looks like CFA is blocking the 3rd re-load on their end.

Today is the last day.  Worst case I stop by Texaco and drop $5 in the tank.

rated:
Stubtify said:   I've found it to be buggy. At stores which accept apple/android pay I'm about 80/20 work/didn't work. And when it doesn't work the cashiers just throw their hands up and ask me to swipe/chip my physical card.
Odd. It worked 100% reliably for me. And I did 48 transactions (16 cards). Do you have the latest version installed? What phone?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017