posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 8K

​iPad 9.7" 32 GB Space Gray -- $299 at Staples

Additional iPad Deals found HERE 

Views
22 Comments
Add Comment
This is the latest model, right? It's just called iPad now?

My dad is looking for one of these - is this the ipad pro? He said he was looking for the ipad pro 9.7" - This is 9.7", but does that mean that this is also the 'pro' model?

CPAESQ said:   My dad is looking for one of these - is this the ipad pro? He said he was looking for the ipad pro 9.7" - This is 9.7", but does that mean that this is also the 'pro' model?

If it doesn't say iPad Pro then it's not the iPad Pro buddy. It's not rocket science. 

CPAESQ said:   My dad is looking for one of these - is this the ipad pro? He said he was looking for the ipad pro 9.7" - This is 9.7", but does that mean that this is also the 'pro' model?
  The pro starts at over $500, so this would be the Ipad Air 1.5

vadeltachi said:   This is the latest model, right? It's just called iPad now?

Correct. This is the latest iPad announced, that replaces the iPad Air 2. It is NOT an iPad Pro (cannot use Apple Pencil nor has the connector for smart keyboard). It is faster than the iPad Air 2 but it is thicker (like the original iPad Air) and the screen may not be as good.

Will Best Buy price match and also honor the $150 trade in for applicable models?

Will Best Buy price match and also honor the $150 trade in for applicable models?

no micro Sd card slot or 3.5 mm earphone jack?

No one knows how to google around here...

Really? Apple has never had SD slots for any iOS.

keaton85 said:   No one knows how to google around here...

What's Google? I only use Apple products. Just kidding 😜

"iTunes Phone" had sd slot. 
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Motorola-ROKR-E1-E790_id1281

technically Motorola [I was on front page of Motorola's employee news letter in I think 1990... actually, photo right in front of me now from that event]
... (not Apple... NOT Apple ... before anyone else says it.)

FThorn said:   "iTunes Phone" had sd slot. 

technically Motorola [I was on front page of Motorola's employee news letter in I think 1990... actually, photo right in front of me now from that event]

Yes, what a flashback!  I remember when the ROKR came out while I worked for T-Mobile. Seemed great at the time, but I'm sure they were pretty meh. Then again just having enough space on your phone for music was a thrill all by itself.

If Staples runs out Adorama has this for 319 with no tax/free shipping; ABT 329 no tax/free shipping. ABT has the same eBates cash back as StaplesAdorama only 1% though.

128 GB is also on sale for $399.

The Ipad air 2 is still very well worth it, even in early 2017.

FThorn said:   "iTunes Phone" had sd slot. 

wow blast from past.  good trivia question

Also, is this iPad a hot deal?  I mean for a iPad point of view-   Its really only $30 off retail price. Or just because it was released and this is best price right now?

rsuaver said:   

Correct. This is the latest iPad announced, that replaces the iPad Air 2. It is NOT an iPad Pro (cannot use Apple Pencil nor has the connector for smart keyboard). It is faster than the iPad Air 2 but it is thicker (like the original iPad Air) and the screen may not be as good.

Oh ugh, I didn't notice they discontinued Ipad Air 2.  Now That would be a super deal if we can get the clearance price on it.

Check your local Bestbuy, they *might* have one.  Ipad Air 2 at Bestbuy is $299 as well but stock is very low. (And it's a better tablet than the 1.5)

forbin4040 said:   
rsuaver said:   

Oh ugh, I didn't notice they discontinued Ipad Air 2.  Now That would be a super deal if we can get the clearance price on it.

Check your local Bestbuy, they *might* have one.  Ipad Air 2 at Bestbuy is $299 as well but stock is very low. (And it's a better tablet than the 1.5)

so this is the model with starting price at $329 announced by Apple last month?

Yes the 1.5 is the $329 Apple, but the Ipad Air 2 was better.

the ipad 9.7" 32 gb gold is back in stock, but don't know for how long though.

keaton85 said:   No one knows how to google around here...

I know that joke was old. I didn't know it's so old that no ones gets it now.

The iPad 9.7" 32 GB Space Gray seems to be back in stock as of 11 AM this morning...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017