posted 1 month ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

Staples - Trade in Old Technology & Receive $10 off $30 Coupon (4/16 to 4/22)

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/sustainability-center/earth-day/index.html

During the week of April 16, gather up your old technology and bring it to your nearest Staples® store and if you're a Rewards member, we'll give you a coupon for $10 off your purchase of $30 or more*. And remember, Staples offers free tech recycling every day so you always have a place to responsibly dispose of e-waste.

22 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
rated:
Ya know, I was thinking "Earth Day is coming, I wonder if Staples will have the recycling promo again"... 
I might disconnect my CRT monitor.

rated:
Can take a printer, scanner, or fax but not a multifunction printer? What gives?

rated:
darius11 said:   Can take a printer, scanner, or fax but not a multifunction printer? What gives?

Just tell them it's an "All-in-one", which is accepted.

rated:
Anyone with details of this 10 off 30 coupon. Can it be used to take $10 off the price of a >$30 item on sale?
Q: can you use 2 coupons for $20 off a >$60 on sale item?
I got a $10 off coupon, but only good for Regular Price item.
Non On Sale items tend to have an inflated price, which negates the value of my coupon.

rated:
Seal said:   Anyone with details of this 10 off 30 coupon. Can it be used to take $10 off the price of a >$30 item on sale?
Non On Sale items tend to have an inflated price, which negates the value of my coupon.

Sale items are not a regular price but clearance items are a regular price.  
Can't recall if we used 2 $10 off at a time.
Last year there was a limit of 7 items a day but the only way to get 7 coupons was to recycle one item at a time and DO NOT give them your Rewards card.
Card is not needed to recycle.
e.g.  you have 3 items.  Give them one item and do not give your Rewards card.   Cashier will scan the recycle bar code (last year it said 'recycle printer' but it was for everything) and you get a coupon.
Rinse & repeat.  
Last year someone had tossed an iPod in the battery recycling "tower".  I fished it out and recycled it.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
Seal said:   Anyone with details of this 10 off 30 coupon. Can it be used to take $10 off the price of a >$30 item on sale?

Last year there was a limit of 7 items a day but the only way to get 7 coupons was to recycle one item at a time and DO NOT give them your Rewards card.
e.g.  you have 3 items.  Give them one item and do not give your Rewards card.   Cashier will scan the recycle bar code (last year it said 'recycle printer' but it was for everything) and you get a coupon.
Rinse & repeat.  
Last year someone had tossed an iPod in the battery recycling "tower".  I fished it out and recycled it.

Extra rules this year:

• There is a limit of one coupon per customer for this event. Coupons are issued at one per customer, not per item recycled.
  • The offer is linked to your Staples Rewards number. If you are not a Staples Rewards member, you need to sign up to be a Staples Rewards member at the time of recycling to receive the coupon.
  • But,
  • Offer is valid from the time it is issued up until 5/13/17.

rated:
is the $10 off regular (over)priced (or clearance) items only?

rated:
Any thoughts on if this would work with with advertised "after easy rebate" items? If an after-rebate item "regular price"?

Wondering about $0.01 after $7.98 easy rebate on http://www.staples.com/Staples-Multipurpose-Paper-8-1-2-x-11-500... this Sunday-Tuesday.
Thinking - limit 4 rebates per household. $7.99*4 = 31.96 - $10 off 30 = 21.96. Then rebates of 7.98*4 = $31.92 rebate.

rated:
lightofapollo said:   Any thoughts on if this would work with with advertised "after easy rebate" items? If an after-rebate item "regular price"?

Wondering about $0.01 after $7.98 easy rebate on http://www.staples.com/Staples-Multipurpose-Paper-8-1-2-x-11-500... this Sunday-Tuesday.
Thinking - limit 4 rebates per household. $7.99*4 = 31.96 - $10 off 30 = 21.96. Then rebates of 7.98*4 = $31.92 rebate.

OR.......last weeks coupon, which takes $2.98 off each ream.  4 reams = $20.04 at time of purchase - rebate of $31.92  netting $11.88 money maker.  Even if POS system won't let you do all 4 on one receipt, still same result with 4 separate transactions.

You could also try applying the $10 off $30 coupon first BUT I don't know if their system will treat it as a regular coupon and not like those $5 off $25 coupons (or rewards) thereby negating the $2.98 coupon ("each item can only be discounted by one coupon").  This will ONLY be possible if the POS system allows all 4 paper coupons on one transaction but would give you a super money maker of $21.88!!!

rated:
thanks for sharing

rated:
Offer valid through 04/16/17 - 05/13/17
atstaples.com, by phone at 1-800-333-3330 or in StaplesU.S. stores. Discount applies to regular-priced itemsonly. Cannot be combined with any other discount orcoupon. Excludes Daily Deals and Auto Restock orders.Limit one coupon per customer, nontransferable. Minimumpurchase requirement must be met with purchases to whichno other coupon or instant savings offer applies. Tax,shipping not included in calculating minimum purchase.Not valid on desktop or laptop computers, tablets, net-books, streaming devices, Amazon products, Apple, Bose,Ink and Toner, Epson EcoTank printers, HP Instant Ink,Home Automation, JBL, SquareTrade warranty, Staples EasyTech,Steelcase,Ultimate Ears,Wacom,computer workstation,direct mail service, faxing, gift cards, mobile phones/services, outsourced print, phone cards, postage stamps,purchases on staplespromotionalproducts.com, scanning,self service,print/shredding service.Each item purchasedcan only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashierin order received.Coupon not valid if purchased or soldand must be surrendered.Not valid on prior purchases orpurchases made with Staples Procurement or ConvenienceCards. No cash/credit back. Coupon applied pre-tax.

rated:
Kind of chuckling how excited everyone is getting over a $10 off $30 reg price coupon given to trade in some junk. 

For those of us from the 'old days', Staples would have $10 off $25 coupons in the newspaper ads sometimes, good on any sale item. or online links to print out $/$$ coupons. No junk trade in required.

Just reminiscing.................

rated:
Went in today to drop off dead shredder. Did not need Rewards # to get coupon. Not sure if one is needed to use coupon. The coupon did NOT work on four full priced paper reams that are a penny each after rebate.

rated:
Thanks for sharing.

rated:
My store says they charge for the CRT monitor recycling. Is that correct?

rated:
Quick question. Can we use multiple $10 coupons for a single item >$30?

Thanks.

rated:
nextmilenium said:   Quick question. Can we use multiple $10 coupons for a single item >$30?

Thanks.

mathfaster said:   Offer valid through 04/16/17 - 05/13/17
atstaples.com, by phone at 1-800-333-3330 or in StaplesU.S. stores. Discount applies to regular-priced itemsonly. Cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon. Excludes Daily Deals and Auto Restock orders.Limit one coupon per customer, nontransferable. Minimumpurchase requirement must be met with purchases to whichno other coupon or instant savings offer applies. Tax,shipping not included in calculating minimum purchase.Not valid on desktop or laptop computers, tablets, net-books, streaming devices, Amazon products, Apple, Bose, Ink and Toner, Epson EcoTank printers, HP Instant Ink,Home Automation, JBL, SquareTrade warranty, Staples EasyTech,Steelcase,Ultimate Ears,Wacom,computer workstation,direct mail service, faxing, gift cards, mobile phones/services, outsourced print, phone cards, postage stamps,purchases on staplespromotionalproducts.com, scanning,self service,print/shredding service.Each item purchasedcan only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashierin order received.Coupon not valid if purchased or soldand must be surrendered.Not valid on prior purchases orpurchases made with Staples Procurement or ConvenienceCards. No cash/credit back. Coupon applied pre-tax.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   

Rinse & repeat.  

I recycled everything last year, so had nothing to take.  I should have kept all those PS 2 mice I had!

So I went to the Dollar Tree and bought a $1.00 calculator.

Went to Staples, recycled a "Brand new, still in packaging " calculator.. got $10 off $30 Q.

Don't know what I will use it on... but at least I feel like I just made $9.00 (when I go back!)

rated:
lightofapollo said:   Any thoughts on if this would work with with advertised "after easy rebate" items? If an after-rebate item "regular price"?

Wondering about $0.01 after $7.98 easy rebate on http://www.staples.com/Staples-Multipurpose-Paper-8-1-2-x-11-500... this Sunday-Tuesday.

I am pretty certain that you cannot use any coupon with penny paper. For one, the language on both coupons specify that it cannot be combined with any other coupons. Also, it is usually not a $7.98 easy rebate but a combination of dollar-off with MIR. I tried a dollar-off coupon before and it is mutually exclusive with the dollar-off coupon needed to bring the paper down to $0.01AR. But if it happens to be a $7.98 MIR, it could be a money maker. Anyone bought the paper this week?

rated:
Read the thread.  Dazviking tried the coupon on single reams.
Read the thread about the single reams.  VickH tried the coupon on single reams.

rated:
VickH?

rated:
ocean935 said:   VickH?
  yeah, VickH.  Not this thread...

Read the thread about the single reams.  VickH tried the coupon on single reams. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017