posted 48 years ago by
tylerjohnsonium
Happy Member

WalMart has Goodyear Heavy Duty i8000 120 Volt Direct Drive Inflator on sale for $39.27.
Free shipping or free store pickup.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-Heavy-Duty-i8000-120-Volt-Di...

Views
6 Comments
Add Comment
Can it inflate a bike tire to 120 pounds using an adaptor for a presta valve?

tylerjohnsonium said:   WalMart has Goodyear Heavy Duty i8000 120 Volt Direct Drive Inflator on sale for $39.27.
Free shipping or free store pickup.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-Heavy-Duty-i8000-120-Volt-Direct-Drive-Inflator/14660114

I can't find any information anywhere on what the SCFM rating is on this thing.  Still, it's nice and compact, no tank, would be Handy for someone who is short on space and only needs to air up car and bike tires.

Can this be used with car voltage converter adapter?

Can this unit connect to the tire and be hands free while pumping?

jkent20 said:   Can this be used with car voltage converter adapter?
  Good question.  Had to dig around, and supposedly the Bon-Aire website lists it as using .75 amps.  So in theory it only uses 90 watts, which seems low IMO.  But if it does, the average inverter should be able to power it.  Harbor Freight has some 400/800 watt inverters that can be had for under $30 that would likely be able to run it.

However, you might be better off just getting a 12v compressor.

Cyfun said:   
jkent20 said:   Can this be used with car voltage converter adapter?
  Good question.  Had to dig around, and supposedly the Bon-Aire website lists it as using .75 amps.  So in theory it only uses 90 watts, which seems low IMO.  But if it does, the average inverter should be able to power it.  Harbor Freight has some 400/800 watt inverters that can be had for under $30 that would likely be able to run it.

However, you might be better off just getting a 12v compressor.

My truck has a 120v outlet in the center console that I use to power a small compressor like this all the time.  I think the outlet is only rated for 300w, but it runs small compressors no problem.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017