posted 2 months ago by
Sdeout73
Cranky Member

Posted with ToGo

Craftsman 8 pc. Metric Open End Ignition Wrench Set
$8.49
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-8-pc-metric-open-end-ignition-wrench/p-00904308000P

• 8-Piece set
  • 15-Deg. and 80-deg. ends
  • Guaranteed forever

11 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Kmart & Sears $5 off $50 coupon thread.
rated:
Unlike most of Sears gimmicky "Mach", "Extreme", etc. wrenches, these are actually useful working on small household items like appliances, etc. Being thinner and having the two different angled ends comes in hand-y. Sears also has an SAE set on sale for $9.99  (half "regular" price).

Btw these are called "ignition wrenches" because of inertia. Before cars had electronic ignition systems, they had a mechanical distributor with "points". You needed little wrenches like these to loosen/tighten the points plate after setting the proper points gap.  Trivia from a dinosaur...

rated:
I like using this set. It comes in Handy when you need it. And when you need it, you NEED it.

rated:
UkeDoggie said:   Unlike most of Sears gimmicky "Mach", "Extreme", etc. wrenches, these are actually useful working on small household items like appliances, etc. Being thinner and having the two different angled ends comes in hand-y. Sears also has an SAE set on sale for $9.99  (half "regular" price).

Btw these are called "ignition wrenches" because of inertia. Before cars had electronic ignition systems, they had a mechanical distributor with "points". You needed little wrenches like these to loosen/tighten the points plate after setting the proper points gap.  Trivia from a dinosaur...

<dino> Still have my feeler gauges for setting the point gap </dino>

rated:
jcantanixon said:   
UkeDoggie said:   Unlike most of Sears gimmicky "Mach", "Extreme", etc. wrenches, these are actually useful working on small household items like appliances, etc. Being thinner and having the two different angled ends comes in hand-y. Sears also has an SAE set on sale for $9.99  (half "regular" price).

<dino> Still have my feeler gauges for setting the point gap </dino>

<dino> and a timing light that plugs into the spark plug boot </dino>

rated:

Single coil pack in my SUV died 2 days ago. When I replaced it, I showed it to my son and had to explain what it was and that the modern SUV had 6 of those behemoths instead of the single coil and distributor (he's been driving and maintaining my 92 pickup).  His two words ... "Seriously?!   Why?"

rated:

And fine tune the setup with my dwell meter.

rated:
you forgot to post sizes 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm and 11mm

guaranteed forever? yeah right

rated:
Yeah, I picked these up today and not until then did I notice what the sizes were. Tiny.

rated:
joelacase said:   Yeah, I picked these up today and not until then did I notice what the sizes were. Tiny.
Ignition wrench = Tiny.  

rated:
Good deal! These wrenches are perfect for working on those small odd size metric nuts found on RC models and Model trains.

rated:
The 8-pc metric wrench set is still available for $8.49 but the 8-pc SAE set went up to $19.99.  I also picked up the 10-pc Metric Combination Ignition Wrench Set for $11.99 and the 10-pc SAE Combination Ignition Wrench Set for $9.99
All the 8-pc and 10-pc ignition wrench sets are Made In USA according to the plastic pouches they come in.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017