posted 16 days ago by
Xenocrates
Deal Hunter - I Deal Therefore I Am

Starts at 6AM CST

Dell Refurbished Computers is offering 50% Off any Laptop or Desktop priced $250+ and Free Ground Shipping  with coupon code "FATWALLET$250".   

Deal Note: Excludes Clearance items. 

For example you can get a Dell Latitude E6540 w/ 15.6" FHD Anti-Glare LED (1920 x 1080),  i7-4600M, 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, AMD 8790 2GB, Win 7 Pro for $539.00 - 50% coupon = $269.50. This is just for reference and is an individual refurbished laptop that will likely be sold by the time you click this link. 

20 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, EXPIRED DEALS. — Apr. 28, 2017 @ 2:52pm
rated:
this laptop has WIN7 so is there a way to upgrade it to WIN 10 for free or low cost?

rated:
trying to apply the coupon  I get this

• Coupon code "FATWALLET$250" is not valid.

rated:
brotherhpj said:   trying to apply the coupon  I get this

Code is not valid until 6am CST.

rated:
brotherhpj said:   trying to apply the coupon  I get this

Not sure if this method still works but it's worth a try.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-...

On the other hand, you might be quite sorry after updating due to driver issues. These laptops are a bit old now and might not have drivers that will work with Win10 and probably did not get updated drivers either. Might have, might not.  Definitely check Dell's website under the model you plan on buying to see if there are updated drivers before . 

I had a friend who updated to win 10 on his ASUS laptop which was really nice and it turned it into a 10 year laptop with dieing RAM experience. Obviously you could always go back but it is a hassle and if you are not knowledgeable in doing so, it may be costly.

In general I don't think most people would get anything out of updating an old laptop to Win10, it's not like the good old days when Win 7 could revive an ancient computer dieing under the weight of half dead RAM (which there wasn't enough of in the first place) while running XP or even worse Vista. I guess if you have some app that needs win 10 it would be necessary but otherwise it's probably not worth it.

rated:
Thank you for providing this upgrade comment. I have win 10 pc and I like it a lot. I am interested to give it a try.
This Dell comes with a hard drive partition for system recovery. In case of failing running win 10 (lack of drivers or anything), can I recover the system back to win 7?

rated:
brotherhpj said:   this laptop has WIN7 so is there a way to upgrade it to WIN 10 for free or low cost?
 Only way to get Windows 10 legit free for a normal user is with this link below.  Just have to agree you are doing the upgrade for the accessibility improvements. Pretty simple to use
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Otherwise for cheap, is mainly with education/employer discounts through a variety of programs.

rated:
WARNING! Dell Refurbished is NOT the same as Dell Outlet. Do you research before buying.

rated:
javajoejava said:   WARNING! Dell Refurbished is NOT the same as Dell Outlet. Do you research before buying.
  Would you mind letting us know what your experience has been?

rated:
As recently as 3 weeks ago I upgraded a Windows 7 machine to Windows 10.
Make sure your Win7/8 installation is activated.
Download the Windows 10 install media from Microsoft. Either a USB flash drive or ISO would work. If your Win7/8 is Ultimate or Pro, download the Win10 Pro. Otherwise download the Home (see here).
If you downloaded an ISO, install a volume mount program (like WinISO) and mount the ISO. If you used the Microsoft tool to create a USB drive, plug the USB drive into the computer. Either way, you want access to the Windows 10 Setup program while running an Activated Win7 (or 8).
Run Setup and select to Upgrade.

That's it. Microsoft did not discontinue the free upgrade. They only stopped advertising it through Windows Update to Win7/8 users.

rated:
Doesn't work for me, either.

rated:
johnmacd said:   
javajoejava said:   WARNING! Dell Refurbished is NOT the same as Dell Outlet. Do you research before buying.
  Would you mind letting us know what your experience has been?

it's a refurb. it's older hardware that has come off original warranty and refurbished to working order. be aware of what you're ordering is all. 30 day warranty i believe but also capacity to get some good deals depending on what shows up. few weeks ago i picked up a small form factor with 3rd gen i7, 8gb ram and 128gb ssd drive for $200+tax. i think it was a 7010  

rated:
Worked just fine again for one of the laptops, those reporting it does not work either have to be trying it on non-eligible systems (under $250 or something that does not qualify like clearance items) or are typing it wrong. Do copy and paste if necessary- without the " " at the beginning and end. If you type it in do not forget the $.

rated:
Also, the cutoff really is $250. Systems priced at $249 don't qualify.

rated:
dancingboy said:   Thank you for providing this upgrade comment. I have win 10 pc and I like it a lot. I am interested to give it a try.
This Dell comes with a hard drive partition for system recovery. In case of failing running win 10 (lack of drivers or anything), can I recover the system back to win 7?

I think so but in individual instances maybe not. That is the purpose of a recovery partition. However I know that due to how Win 8 and Win10 use different BIOS settings than a lot of old Win7 systems can make it trickier to switch back, but definitely not impossible. A friend had this issue but he did eventually figure out what he had to do.

rated:
When you receive the laptop, you can upgrade it to Windows 10 immediately for free.

rated:
How do you know this?

rated:
thanks for sharing

rated:
RShea said:   Worked just fine again for one of the laptops, those reporting it does not work either have to be trying it on non-eligible systems (under $250 or something that does not qualify) or are typing it wrong. Do copy and paste if necessary- without the " " at the beginning and end. If you type it in do not forget the $.
  may be

rated:
Dell refurbs have a 100 day warranty which you can extend to one year. I have upgraded a Precision 4600 laptop and a Precision 4700 laptop to Win 7 with no driver or performance problems, so I see no reason why later ones would not upgrade.

rated:
Looks like it is dead today, but if you missed the deal, watch for either a 45% off or 50% off deal, they have been running these regularly as they get restocked on these returned for lease systems....

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017