posted 4 months ago by
meade18
Thrifty Member

The now ubiquitous Coca-Cola Freestyle promotion for $5 in Amazon gift cards for 5 CC Freestyle pours is back again. You an do it twice for two $5 gift cards. This one expires 5/31/17.

http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/pour-5-get-5/

1. Download the Coca-Cola Freestyle App
2. Login to your MyCokeRewards account (or create a new account at https://us.coca-cola.com/)
3. Add a favorite drink or mix within the app
4. Go to a store/restaurant that has a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine
5. Buy a drink
6. Open the app and click the little QR code in the bottom right corner of the screen
7. Scan the QR code on the Coca-Cola Freestyle machine's bottom right corner of the screen
8. The favorite drinks and mixes you chose in the app are now available on the Coca-Cola Freestyle machine.
9. Push the button to pour your drink
10. Do this 5 times on 5 different days before 5/31/17 and get a $5 gift card
11. Do this 5 more times on 5 different days before 5/31/17 and get another $5 gift card

It sounds like a lot of steps, but after you do it once, it's super easy.

This will be my 3rd time taking advantage of this promo. If you go to places with Coca-Cola Freestyle machines often anyway, this deal is super simple. If you don't, it might not make as much sense for you. It was a moneymaker back when Wawa had their $.79 drink promotion. Currently the best way for me to do it is to bring my own 16 oz refillable cup to Wawa. They charge $.99 for a 16 oz refill so I'm simply getting paid back for my drinks.

10 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Thanks! I didn't notice that they brought it back again.

rated:
I've been trying to do this for days now but every time I scan the code at my local Wendy's machine, I get a connection error. Anyone else have this happen? Doesn't seem to matter if I'm on data or wifi.

rated:
I've been having nothing but trouble with this new promotion. I scan the code, get connected, but never get credit for my pours. I've contacted Coke twice but get nowhere.

rated:
akiri423 said:   I've been trying to do this for days now but every time I scan the code at my local Wendy's machine, I get a connection error. Anyone else have this happen? Doesn't seem to matter if I'm on data or wifi.

I've never had any difficulty with this at the places I use it, but if it is the same Wendy's, it is possible that their machine isn't properly connected to the internet. Both the machine and your phone need to be connected to the internet for it to work, and if it is the machine, there isn't much you can do about it.

rated:
First thing you should try is something that worked for me when I couldn't get credits for my pours anywhere. Open the Coca-Cola Freestyle app, sign out of your profile. Sign back in right before you connect with the machine.

If that doesn't fix it, try another machine. It might be you or it might be the machine.

So far, with the sign-in/sign-out method, I've gotten credit at 4 machines near my office (two of them aren't even the big red Coke can looking ones), but I can never get credit at the nearby Burger King. That machine is definitely connected because my drinks show up when I scan it, but it just won't give me pour credits. If you find that the app doesn't work at only one machine but works at others, just avoid that machine. Sadly there's no other fix for this. I too contacted Coke about it but never got anywhere.

rated:
I saw that over the weekend, but the pour did not register. Didn't have any issues with the previous promo. But it wasn't my usual Wawa. Will try on different ones.

BTW, water is not a valid pour.

rated:
rsuaver said:   I saw that over the weekend, but the pour did not register. Didn't have any issues with the previous promo. But it wasn't my usual Wawa. Will try on different ones.

BTW, water is not a valid pour.

I did find out that if you click 'start over' before the pour registers it also invalidates it.

rated:
sdskees said:   
akiri423 said:   I've been trying to do this for days now but every time I scan the code at my local Wendy's machine, I get a connection error. Anyone else have this happen? Doesn't seem to matter if I'm on data or wifi.

I've never had any difficulty with this at the places I use it, but if it is the same Wendy's, it is possible that their machine isn't properly connected to the internet. Both the machine and your phone need to be connected to the internet for it to work, and if it is the machine, there isn't much you can do about it.

Aha. That could be it. Time to try the Burger King down the street.. just means a little bit more walking at lunch. Thank you!  

rated:
FYI, the Wawas near me not only still have any size fountain drink for $0.79, but the receipt has a survey invitation code that gets you a free soda. I've gotten 4 free sodas so far on my way to the 10 I need for the $10 gift cards.

rated:
Combining this with the 5 Chase Freedom purchases at supermarkets for a $15 statement credit makes this a moneymaker if your supermarket has a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017