posted 11 days ago by
jward7

Home Depot offers the Nature Power 400-watt Wind Turbine for $382.35 with free shipping.

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Hmmm. A DIY wind project?
I would think you would need to add some expensive components, like large batteries and a tall tower. Wind is fairly fickle unless you live in open plains, or very high up.

rated:
hilarious

rated:
This thing may get people killed if installed improperly, I guess.

rated:
trumpotron said:   hilarious
I thought too. but it could be real(based on reviews)
may be, the world moved to next stage

rated:
Thank you for posting.  This is a help.

I live in a location favorable for wind.  With power out my heating needs can be met by my robust fireplace insert, provided however I have the very minimal power needed to spin its two fans.  That power is easily provided by a battery and inverter.  However:

How to keep the battery charged during extended outages?

I think this wind-powered device could do the trick.  

rated:
We had a bad wind storm and something broke 2 of the blades. Took 6 weeks to get blades for it. Almost 6 weeks to get a replacement charge controller.

rated:
faw169 said:   This thing may get people killed if installed improperly, I guess.
The same could be said of lots of things people buy at Home Depot.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017