posted 48 years ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 8K

Posted with ToGo

2pk 18V LXT 4.0AH Lithium-Ion Battery LED Charge Indicator Makita
$79.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pk-18V-LXT-4-0AH-Lithium-Ion-Battery-LED-Charge-Indicator-Makita-BL1840B-2-New-/322035025043

• Integrated LED battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
  • Reaches full charge in 40 minutes or less
  • Compatible only with Star Protection tools indicated by the Star Symbol and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool
  • Battery delivers consistent power and run time in extreme temperatures even in winter
  • Impact-resistant outer case and shock-absorbing inner-liner are engineered to protect the battery
  • Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating

Views
4 Comments
Add Comment
So are these legitimate Makita batteries or knockoffs? eBay looks to be full of batteries like this that are priced way too cheap to be authentic.

ryandean said:   So are these legitimate Makita batteries or knockoffs? eBay looks to be full of batteries like this that are priced way too cheap to be authentic.
  This.
  Even if they're legit, there's no way of knowing how long they've sat on a shelf, or whether they were exposed to damaging heat/cold.
  Companies don't sell stuff for below retail prices on eBay unless they have to. Most likely, there is something that prevents these batteries from being sold in a retail store.

I'm not affiliated with seller. OOS now.

I'd say legit 93k FB @ 99.9%. Listing says:
Always Fresh Stock
Warranted through Makita

Again OOS but next time for youse doubters. Check FB @ 99.9% everything is AOK or a rare dud with a fast refund.

zapjb said:   I'm not affiliated with seller. OOS now.

I'd say legit 93k FB @ 99.9%. Listing says:
Always Fresh Stock
Warranted through Makita

Again OOS but next time for youse doubters. Check FB @ 99.9% everything is AOK or a rare dud with a fast refund.

I've bought lots of "new" stuff from sellers with good feedback on eBay, and much of it turned out to have manufacturing issues that I didn't discover for months (and in one case, over a year). I've learned my lesson with factory rejects/old stock.

The batteries won't be dead initially, if they're old. They will just die much faster than they should. You can't leave bad FB for the seller if the battery won't hold a good charge in 6 months, so the seller has great feedback but may still be selling old or damaged batteries.

BTW: Anyone can say "always fresh stock". Words are cheap. It's meaningless anyway. The seller just means that he always has more shipments coming in. It DOESN'T say what happened to those batteries before the seller got them.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017