posted 8 days ago by
forbin4040
Senior Member - 10K

All my local McDonalds started a $1 Soda like last year when NY enacted the soda law.
Some of my locations still have the $1 coffee, but the $1 soda appeared at all of them.

I asked the counter and they said it was National

6 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
It has been a come and go thing in my area.  It is featured for a period of time and then the price goes back up.  Currently it s $1.00 for an unspecified time.  It is not a permanent price change. It will go back up some time.

rated:
True it is temporary, but it makes the MCD app "with any purchase" items a steal. I posted one example earlier today.

rated:
They usually tell me the purchase doesn't count on discounted items. How do you get around that?

rated:
I've done the $1 soda deal at 5 different McDs here and never had an issue. 

Discounted items don't count? They're right that the terms say "not valid with any other offer, discount, coupon..." But the $1 soda is their price, they're not ringing that up and then discounting it to $1. 

rated:
Discounted items are things such as 2 for $4 sausage mcmuffin with egg or using a 2nd coupon.

The $1 soda is not considered a discounted item.

What's more fun is trying to figure out what counts as 'All Day Breakfast'. Ex : Egg White Delight McMuffin does not count even though it's sold in the daytime.

rated:
Mcdonalds also gobbles up small value VGC automatically, so you can swipe 2 Visas with $.60 remaining for the $1.09 soda and burger.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017