Home Depot has Lifan Energy Storm 4,000-watt 270cc gas powered inverter generator, electronic fuel injected with EFI electric/remote start on sale for $999.00.  Was priced at $1,334.00 for a 25% reduction thru April 30th.  Model # ESI4000iER-EFI-CA.  Free shipping.  Available Home Protection Plan for $190.00.

The LIFAN ESI4000iER-EFI is part of our 21st Century Energy Storm Electronic Fuel Injected (EFI) Digital Inverter Generator Series with digital display with self-contained diagnostic system. Manufactured to high quality standards, this inverter comes equipped with a powerful 270cc 4-stroke OHV fuel injected engine, a convenient electric remote start (key fob included), a variety of outlets for every occasion, several safety and convenience features and special technology to reduce the sine wave distortion to less than 2%, to protect your valuable and sensitive equipment, such as laptops, computers, LCD and plasma televisions, surround sound systems, sensitive tools, video game consoles and cell phone chargers, all of which can be powered without the risk of damage. This unit is a perfect fit for camping, R-ving, tailgating, weddings, parties or events or general use around the house.

•4,000-Watt peak and 3,800-Watt running power
•3.5 Gal. fuel tank with EFI fuel efficiency runs the generator for 12 hours (at 50% load)
•270cc 4-stroke OHV industrial duty engine
•Two 120-Volt, 20 Amp AC outlet - 1 30 Amp 3 prong twist lock - 1 30 Amp RV receptacle
•Super quiet 59 dB sound rating ensures low operational noise for peace and quiet
•Low oil engine shutoff protection
•Recoil and electric start with remote start/stop control - key-fob included
•Digitally cleaned sine wave (less than 2% total harmonic distortion) providing clean power for all your sensitive equipment like computers, plasma and LCD TVs and digital audio devices
•Includes mobility kit with fold out handle and EZ roll casters
•AC circuit overload system
•Auto idle feature (power on demand)
•ECU monitoring with digital LED readout gauge with self diagnosis sensors
•Exhaust sparks arrestor for safe and legal operation in national parks
•[Delete]
•EPA approved
•CARB compliant
•CSA certified
•Free battery charger/maintainer included

http://www.homedepot.com/p/LIFAN-Energy-Storm-4-000-Watt-270cc-Gas-Powered-Inverter-Generator-Electronic-Fuel-Injected-with-EFI-Electric-Remote-Start-ESI4000iER-EFI-CA/206639570 
 

2148 Views
6 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I've read that Lifan engines are really good honda clones. I didn't realize they branded their own generators. Anybody own / have experience with them. This is tempting me.

rated:
I wish someone would make a 240V generator around this size or under 5000W. Can't find anyone that makes one unless you move up to a Honda EU7000i or similar Yamaha that will run almost 4k.

rated:
avash said:   I wish someone would make a 240V generator around this size or under 5000W. Can't find anyone that makes one unless you move up to a Honda EU7000i or similar Yamaha that will run almost 4k.
  This one meets your description and has a 30A / 240v RV receptacle...

rated:
And if you're not interested in the inverter feature, one almost identical to this one has powered select portions of my home during power outages. $539 w/coupon currently

rated:
jonesjeremya said:   
avash said:   I wish someone would make a 240V generator around this size or under 5000W. Can't find anyone that makes one unless you move up to a Honda EU7000i or similar Yamaha that will run almost 4k.
  This one meets your description and has a 30A / 240v RV receptacle...

  Looking at the specs, this appears to have a 30A / 120v receptacle, which is different.  If you want to power your home via a transfer switch, you'll need a 240v generator.  

   

rated:
Flot said:   
jonesjeremya said:   
avash said:   I wish someone would make a 240V generator around this size or under 5000W. Can't find anyone that makes one unless you move up to a Honda EU7000i or similar Yamaha that will run almost 4k.
  This one meets your description and has a 30A / 240v RV receptacle...

  Looking at the specs, this appears to have a 30A / 120v receptacle, which is different.  If you want to power your home via a transfer switch, you'll need a 240v generator.  

   

  You're right, that is 120v RV connection, not 240v RV connection.  Yes, you will need 240V for your home if you intend to wire into your existing power, and a transfer switch is required.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017