posted 2 months ago by
torresfija

Lowe's have Iris Z-Wave Garage Door Controller  for $59.99  + Free Shipping 

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
While a good price compared to the ~$80 or so these go for on Amazon (GoControl branded - https://www.amazon.com/GoControl-Linear-GD00Z-4-Z-Wave-Controller/dp/B00M75TEIU  ) these have dipped to $40 at Lowes
Just a heads up if you are in no rush!

rated:
Good price and find. This one is supposedly compatible with generic Zwave systems. However, I they are out of stock for online shipping and all stores in my state, so YMMV is very appropriate tag.

rated:
I installed an opener that had the wifi addon with it (wasnt built in, but rather a network modual that communicated with the opener over its own freq). The only thing I really use the app for is notifications for if the door was left open, something I don't think this does. It is fairly cumbersome to navigate your apps when you are pulling into your drive way (I don't have my phone out most of the time, it is fully connected to the car). A dedicated remote button is just far easier. It is useful when you have alot of people with cars living together, you usually only have 2 remotes, but since we have enough buttons (3 cars, one of the remotes from the last opener was reprogramable) the app was just wasted time. 

BTW it does look like the price was fixed... $80 now..still says new low price. -_-

rated:
jeffmd said:   

BTW it does look like the price was fixed... $80 now..still says new low price. -_-

What I'm seeing in my area (North Jersey) is if the store has it in stock, it shows as $80, however if the store you select shows no stock, and shipping is available, then it appears as $60

rated:
I just love this thing. No more wondering if we left the garage door open.

rated:
jeffmd said:   I installed an opener that had the wifi addon with it (wasnt built in, but rather a network modual that communicated with the opener over its own freq). The only thing I really use the app for is notifications for if the door was left open, something I don't think this does. It is fairly cumbersome to navigate your apps when you are pulling into your drive way (I don't have my phone out most of the time, it is fully connected to the car). A dedicated remote button is just far easier. It is useful when you have alot of people with cars living together, you usually only have 2 remotes, but since we have enough buttons (3 cars, one of the remotes from the last opener was reprogramable) the app was just wasted time. 

It can notify you if the door is left open. I use a rule in my smart home setup to send me a push notification.
I agree that I use my garage door opener day-to-day since it's easier. However, it's nice to have an option to open it from your phone if you leave the house without keys/your opener. Also, have opened it for contractors when I'm not close by and have used it when I left my garage door opener in my car when it was being worked on and I had a loaner.

rated:
Works with Samsung Smartthings, right? I'd assume so since it's Z-Wave...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017