Posted with ToGo

Yamaha AVENTAGE 665W 7.2-Ch. Network-Ready 4K Ultra HD and 3D Pass-Through Home Theater Receiver
$299.98
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yamaha-aventage-665w-7-2-ch-network-ready-4k-ultra-hd-and-3d-pass-through-a-v-home-theater-receiver-black/5081600.p?skuId=5081600

Connect your stereo and home theater components to this Yamaha 7.2-channel network a/v receiver for an immersive experience. Ultra HD upscaling delivers crisp images, and the Dolby Atos and DTS:X support offers rich sound. Featuring MusicCast technology, this Yamaha 7.2-channel a/v receiver broadcasts your audio to every room in your home. Includes HDMI 4K Ultra HD and 3D pass-through technologies for compatibility with 3D TVs, Blu-ray players and gaming consoles and 4K Ultra HD TVs.

3 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
This is a weird spin off of the rx series. It is like it has slightly better entertainment system features while the rx offers more power for better audio. Anyways, love the sound of these. Upgraded from the rx v375 to 481 on best buys dime because the hdmi ports started having connection issues. I am hoping Yamaha got better at it after 5 years. Didn't know I would even care about the network features till I got them, now with my music being served by my "My cloud"'s simple dlna server I am always turning on my receiver just to listen to some music (Before it was just for my PC rig). I also use pandora just to get some better soft/new age when I want something to fall asleep too. Hard to sleep to five finger death punch.

I think of these units as a great middle of the road receiver for those who arn't driving $1000 speakers, but want good sound quality from a trusted audio maker. Yamaha tends to fall behind a little from onkyo receivers in features at the same price point, but edges it out slightly in audio quality.

rated:
same price on Amazon

rated:
jeffmd said:   This is a weird spin off of the rx series. It is like it has slightly better entertainment system features while the rx offers more power for better audio. Anyways, love the sound of these. Upgraded from the rx v375 to 481 on best buys dime because the hdmi ports started having connection issues. I am hoping Yamaha got better at it after 5 years. Didn't know I would even care about the network features till I got them, now with my music being served by my "My cloud"'s simple dlna server I am always turning on my receiver just to listen to some music (Before it was just for my PC rig). I also use pandora just to get some better soft/new age when I want something to fall asleep too. Hard to sleep to five finger death punch.

I think of these units as a great middle of the road receiver for those who arn't driving $1000 speakers, but want good sound quality from a trusted audio maker. Yamaha tends to fall behind a little from onkyo receivers in features at the same price point, but edges it out slightly in audio quality.

This is the "Aventage" (pro/integrator) variation of the standard Yamaha RX-V581, there is no difference in power output between the two models.  The A660 gets an extra year of warranty, a extra rubber foot ("Anti Resonance Technology") and a slightly upgraded remote vs it's otherwise performance/feature identical sibling.  Supposedly the Aventage products use select/better internal components than similarly specified RX-V counterparts, but I haven't seen an objective teardown/comparison of the A660 vs the V581 to validate what the actual differences are.  It's the same song and dance with the Denon "X" series and the Onkyo RZ line which are "pro" variations of the same basic designs in their mainstream lines with minor feature tweaks and some enhanced circuit components like longer lasting capacitors, etc..

Regardless, this is a superb value - probably the best budget priced receiver value going right now at $300. It's certainly a better value than either the superb Denon S720w or Yamaha v581 which both sell for $350 on sale.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017