Avatar
posted 2 months ago by
MasterDebator
Words as Weapons

Posted with ToGo

Oris Artelier Men's Watch 
$838.50
http://www.ashford.com/us/watches/oris/745-7666-4054-LS.pid

Oris, Artelier Small Second Pointer Day, Stainless Steel Case, Leather Strap, Self-Winding

RETAIL:$1,950.00
ASHFORD PRICE:$1,014.00

SALE: $838.50

3046 Views
27 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Oh, that's a nice watch. So tempting!

rated:
Do people rely on their watches to know what day of the week it is?

rated:
it was my birthday gift works well.

rated:
wilked said:   Do people rely on their watches to know what day of the week it is?
  Some do...Pre-coffee, I am even prone to needing a reminder

rated:
Using this everyday!

rated:
looks very nice. thanks.

rated:
Nice find OP.

rated:
Not to thread-crap on OP's find, but I was interested in this watch and in my further search I came across the same watch at JomaShop
ORIS - Aquis Automatic Black Dial Stainless Steel Men's Watch 745-7666-4054LS      
          http://www.jomashop.com/oris-watch-745-7666-4054ls.html

Retail: $1,950.00  Was: $1,248.00                            
Flash Sale: $749.00  (62% off)  w/Free Shipping   Until 4/25/2017

I can't speak to the reliability and customer satisfaction of JomaShop vs. Ashford, but:
JomaShop attains a 4.7 star rating on Google Customer Reviews

rated:
By all means, thread crap! I am very familiar with JomaShop but for some reason never think to check prices there. Thanks for the research!

rated:
Classic style and craftsmanship. Love this watch.

rated:
I'm a watch newb. Where is a good resource for learning more about watches and which one might hold it's value better than others? I've wanted to add a quality watch to my wardrobe for a while, but where does one start? Surely not jumping in $1K right off the bat? Or does one make a single watch purchase to last their lifetime, and have something to pass down to their kid 70 years from now?

TIA!

rated:
tree100 said:   Or does one make a single watch purchase to last their lifetime, and have something to pass down to their kid 70 years from now?

TIA!
 

  
I inherited a Stolfus & Sons buggy whip that is an heirloom I use daily. 

rated:
I believe Ashford sells them with the manufacturer's warranty where Joma is "grey market" where the watch is 100% authentic, but since they aren't an authorized distributor, you don't get a manufacturer's warranty, just Joma's own service warranty (which has mixed reviews).

rated:
heissmungo said:   I believe Ashford sells them with the manufacturer's warranty where Joma is "grey market" where the watch is 100% authentic, but since they aren't an authorized distributor, you don't get a manufacturer's warranty, just Joma's own service warranty (which has mixed reviews).
  
Highly doubt Ashford is an authorized retailer.  Most likely both grey market with a sellers 2 year warranty.  

rated:
grey market as in fake? or grey market as in stolen goods??

rated:
its the same price on Amazon.. fake sale and fake reviewer posting to hype up the watch

rated:
I want to buy one for my boyfriend.

rated:
Nice watch! For a gift also a good choice!

rated:
guardianx said:   grey market as in fake? or grey market as in stolen goods??
  grey market as in genuine item sold by an unauthorized retailer.

rated:
fishbane said:   
guardianx said:   grey market as in fake? or grey market as in stolen goods??
  grey market as in genuine item sold by an unauthorized retailer.

  This appears to be correct. I cant find anything on either Ashford or JomaShop stating they are authorized distributors. However, the only difference seems to be that if you buy from an AD, the manufacturer will honor the warranty, whereas otherwise they wont. But since each store each offers a 2 year warranty anyway, this is a moot point for me.

I'd rather save a few hundred dollars up front. When you're buying a quality watch, the chances its going to break right after buying it are pretty slim.

Having bought two watches from Ashford already, I can attest to not having any issues with the product, or anything with the company. Fast shipping and great customer service.

Dont know about JomaShop. Havent purchased from there yet.

rated:
I bought a watch from Ashford - It was a Victorinox watch from their eBay account. It had a chronograph on it and a hand on of the mini-dials which was either the minute or hour hand when used as the chronograph stopped moving. I think it was an authentic watch and Ashford isn't an authorized Victorinox dealer either. I sent it back to Ashford for service under their warranty and they cleaned it or something and when it returned it worked just fine.

Haven't bought from JomaShop.

rated:
fishbane said:   
guardianx said:   grey market as in fake? or grey market as in stolen goods??
  grey market as in genuine item sold by an unauthorized retailer.

  
This happens with camera lenses too.  You'll get great deals on Canon from unauthorized retailer, but it doesn't have Canon's warranty.  Its still genuine and new, just warranty isn't there.

rated:
Thanks, my friend loved it very much.

rated:
And all the positive comments are from new members in barely passable English. Hmmmmm.

rated:
Good article about gray market watches in Barron's Penta. Link 

rated:
..

rated:
tree100 said:   I'm a watch newb. Where is a good resource for learning more about watches and which one might hold it's value better than others? I've wanted to add a quality watch to my wardrobe for a while, but where does one start? Surely not jumping in $1K right off the bat? Or does one make a single watch purchase to last their lifetime, and have something to pass down to their kid 70 years from now?

TIA!

  Have a look at the forums on Watchuseek 
Try the Affordables Forum in particular, you'll find lots of folks willing to answer questions there. 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017