posted 2 months ago by
Mulox
Addicted Member

I really prefer these nylon braided styles anymore - much more durable than the standard cords.  These have 4.3 out of 5 star reviews

Coupon code:  FENP42CK brings it down to 7.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N11TX70 

16 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Jun. 22, 2017 @ 9:20pm
rated:
Color looks great and I'd not worry about losing my cables again, lol. Picked up a few for backups. Great price. Thanks!

rated:
FAKESPOT GRADE "A"
Over 90% high quality reviews.
Well Thought.

rated:
Code works for me. Thanks OP!

rated:
NM

rated:
Not saying this isn't a good deal on quality cables, but there are other decent options out there:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/231378861986

Also, consider your next phone might be USB type-C, etc, so be aware of how much you're "stocking up".

rated:
Shame there doesn't seem to be a USB Type C option

rated:
Anyone know about the quality of the micro-USB plugs on these?

Almost universally, through dozens of cables, that's the point of failure, not the big USB side or the cable itself.

The micro USB usually goes through 3 stages.

Charging normal- quick charge.
Micro-USB bends- slow charge, or requires holding with pressure at a funky angle.
Major micro-USB bend- Dead cable

I would love a 10-ft+ quick-charge cable with a sturdy USB plug.

rated:
phermat said:   I would love a 10-ft+ quick-charge cable with a sturdy USB plug.
I've been buying these which have great connectors (and cable quality): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DRS59W0/

Here's a 10' set: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DRSQUU0/

Sometimes the cable gets damaged by the micro-USB end, but I actually prefer that that happens, rather than my phone's port gets damaged   At this price, I'll just buy more cables.

rated:
phermat said:   Anyone know about the quality of the micro-USB plugs on these?

Almost universally, through dozens of cables, that's the point of failure, not the big USB side or the cable itself.

Micro-USB bends- slow charge, or requires holding with pressure at a funky angle.

I bought the 3 packs (3', 6', & 10') with discount codes similar to this last December.  They worked great at first couple of months but then the micro usb plugs won't stay on and stopped charging altogether.  It's not even 4 months of use and the 2 long cables are now junk.

rated:
linrick said:   

I bought the 3 packs (3', 6', & 10') with discount codes similar to this last December.  They worked great at first couple of months but then the micro usb plugs won't stay on and stopped charging altogether.  It's not even 4 months of use and the 2 long cables are now junk.

This is exactly my typical experience. 

rated:
tempting as it is I must pass, still have brand new ones in wraps from all previous deals and I truly, really hate this microUSB crap, the connector breaks so easily and you always seem to stick it the wrong way every time (which is probably why I broke it). as terrible as apple stuff is, at least the lightning connector is solid. i cant wait to switch to usb-c for everything, but that will take a while.

rated:

https://www.amazon.com/Sundix-Braided-Universal-Samsung-Motorola/dp/B01GLCC990/

These are the best I have ever encountered.  Tough as nails.
UPDATE- Sorry, posted the wrong link but it looks like they are no longer available. 

rated:
rushhound said:   

https://www.amazon.com/Sundix-Premium-Braided-Charging-Compatible/dp/B06XBYHRVS/ref=pd_sim_107_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01N5XRKJ5&pd_rd_r=FG9K00VH5K0EQQFBDAKM&pd_rd_w=y6Yur&pd_rd_wg=2X7ks&refRID=FG9K00VH5K0EQQFBDAKM&th=1

These are the best I have ever encountered.  Tough as nails.

Not relevant - those are iPhone lightning cables, and this thread is for Micro USB....

rated:
In for two. Thanks for the code.

rated:
good deal, code worked, thanks op!

rated:
Not bad for this price. I prepare to buy some in store because I always cannot find my charger.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017