posted 3 months ago by
zqa

3 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Jul. 27, 2017 @ 2:06am
rated:
Nice deal, but I doubt CC protection will work since its being sold as a bundle on eBay.

rated:
I bought one of these (LG E6P OLED65E6P) from these guys East Coast TVs.  I (of course) paid some markup for extended warranty (no surprise) but I figured it was worth it to not fight the hassle since the price was so good.  Delivery took a bit less than three weeks (not unexpected), and the transaction went surprisingly smoothly.  This is the 2016 model and is LG's last model that supports 3D, and it does it really, really well (passive).  Of course since it's last year's model the price keeps dropping, but eventually there won't be any more available since the 2017 model has been released.  I can't say enough about the quality of this set - if you're thinking about this type of TV go to someplace where you can see this set for yourself.  Remember the "B" models don't do 3D, the "C" models are curved (I think this is a gimmick and causes some issues with where you sit relative to the TV), and the "G" models are more expensive and intended to be professionally installed.  The "E" model is the sweet spot - last year it sold for $6000.  I expect my set to last for at least a decade; I believe that my eyes are unable to see better than this set display when I look at 4K content.

By the way, IMHO this site is the best place to get information about TV sets: http://www.rtings.com 

rated:
be careful with this Scam at East Coast TV.
1) You order the TV online using the 'paycheck' promo code which requires you to send them a check instead of paying with a credit card.
2) They call you on the phone and try to sell you a TV with a new improved panel. They even have a hidden webpage for this improved panel TV which they list for $3800. They will tell you the new improved panel is made in Mexico. The cheaper one is made in asia. If they can't sell you on the improved panel they will try to sell you a warranty. And I would read the fine print of the warranty very carefully.
3) So in essence you pay $2400 for the TV online. They charge you $2899 for the same TV when they get you on the phone. And every TV has a secret good and bad panel version.

See link below for people that have had the experience...
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/shopping/east-coast-tvs.html

It is a surprise they haven't been hit with a class action suit yet.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017