posted 1 month ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

Linksys Advanced DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem for Comcast
$19.99
https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Advanced-Comcast-Connector-DPC3008/dp/B006IJHK96 

• Gigabit Ethernet port
  • 4x faster than DOCSIS 2.0
  • Delivers download speeds of up to 340 Mbps: upload speeds of up to 120 Mbps
  • Compatible with Comcast, Connector: Cable: F-type female 75 ohm
  • Supports the latest IPv6 Internet Protocol
  • 1-Year Limited Warranty. Please refer the User Manual before use

13 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Super easy setup. Plug and Play!

rated:
Last Fall Verizon wanted to raise my rates and refused to negotiate. I then purchased a Comcast no-contract plan with a DOCSIS 3.0 Modem though Amazon.
About 3 weeks later, just before my termination date, Verizon offered me a great deal to keep me as a customer.
If I didn't already have an unused DOCSIS 3.0 modem, I'd consider spending $20, just to have one as a future negotiating tool.

rated:
Before I dumped Comcast, I bought my own Arris SB6121 at Goodwill for $4.99. Worked great while I still had service. It's a slow modem relatively speaking, but it's good up to 150Mbps speeds.

rated:
Some poor reviews.

rated:
Excellent deal, especially considering cost to "rent" modem from my dear friends at Comcast, and the (low) speeds you get from them.
Right now, my PHONE gives me better Up and Down speed than Comcast hardwired connection.

rated:
Appelski said:   Excellent deal, especially considering cost to "rent" modem from my dear friends at Comcast, and the (low) speeds you get from them.
Right now, my PHONE gives me better Up and Down speed than Comcast hardwired connection.

Then there's something wrong with your setup.  For all of Comcast's faults, their service was always rock solid and as fast as advertised.  Even my $4.99 Goodwill modem worked fine.  Just buy one.

rated:
Will this modem work to replace the cimcast one I rent now. I have Internet and cable TV.

rated:
This device will work to replace any leased modems from Comcast, but you will need a Wireless Router unless you only have one wired device at home.

rated:
I have cablevision.. will this work? Thanks

rated:
Actually, since I'm paying for Comcast's lowest "tier" of internet service, the 5 up, and 25 down I get is right.
But it's still true that my phone's gives me faster speeds.
Me just po at Comcast, shutting them down, and going to phone hotspot instead.

rated:
lyubomirb said:   This device will work to replace any leased modems from Comcast, but you will need a Wireless Router unless you only have one wired device at home.
  Not entirely true... If you have a Comcast (or any ISP) package that bundles internet telephone with your service, then you need a special modem that supports the VOIP telephone.  This modem does not.

If you don't have phone service through your ISP this modem will work just fine.

rated:
lyubomirb said:   This device will work to replace any leased modems from Comcast, but you will need a Wireless Router unless you only have one wired device at home.
  Any suggestions on a wireless router that performs well and won't lighten the wallet too much?

rated:
ChinaRider said:   
  Not entirely true... If you have a Comcast (or any ISP) package that bundles internet telephone with your service, then you need a special modem that supports the VOIP telephone.  This modem does not.

If you don't have phone service through your ISP this modem will work just fine.

Not necessarily a problem.  I have Time Warner Cable (now Charter) service for both Internet and voice.  When I bought my own modem, they had me keep the dual voice/data modem connected as well.  So, now it's just handling the voice service.  They're no longer charging me an equipment rental fee, even though the amount of company equipment in my house hasn't changed at all. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017