posted 48 years ago by
sportsfan64
Senior Member - 1K

I was at my local Philly PA area Sears and they had signs up noting 100% back in Shop Your Way points on clearance clothes.  It works on green tag and red tag clearance.  I got some of the $3.99 green ticket items and a dress shirt for $18.90 and got all the points back. I also visited two other Sears and they did not have the signs up, but I still got the 100% back in points.  It's a max of $50 back in points.  Points are awarded the next day and are good for 14 days.  You probably can't pay with points.  I don't see the deal available online; only in stores.  I paid all in cash or CC.

Views
15 Comments
Add Comment
That's a pretty legit find. Thanks for sharing!

Someone posted this in other forum couple of days back. Went to two stores today in central NJ area, but no such sign for 100% back. So I am not sure if this is store specific promo or national wide. 

hot2004 said:   Someone posted this in other forum couple of days back. Went to two stores today in central NJ area, but no such sign for 100% back. So I am not sure if this is store specific promo or national wide. 
  Sears is pretty bad about putting signs out advertising things... or for that matter employees even knowing about these offers. There is a good chance the offer is going on, but you never really know until you check out.

sdskees said:   
hot2004 said:   Someone posted this in other forum couple of days back. Went to two stores today in central NJ area, but no such sign for 100% back. So I am not sure if this is store specific promo or national wide. 
  Sears is pretty bad about putting signs out advertising things... or for that matter employees even knowing about these offers. There is a good chance the offer is going on, but you never really know until you check out.

What I did was when I got to the store that did not have the signs up, I bought a $3.99 item.  My receipt showed that I earned the bonus points back, so I bought more stuff.  If my receipt hadn't shown the points, I would have just returned the item.  You just have to test it and see if the deal is going on in your area.  I think the sign indicates the points back deal may be going on until May 13, if I'm reading the last line correctly.

I just purchased a bunch of clearance clothing in Omaha Nebraska, no signs posted, received no bonus points

Signs posted in North Attleboro Massachusetts Sears

thesillym said:   I just purchased a bunch of clearance clothing in Omaha Nebraska, no signs posted, received no bonus points
  Sounds correct, no go in St Louis area also.

nationwide? end date (not Sears but this promo )?

vickh said:   nationwide? end date (not Sears but this promo )?

Definitely in Philly area and North Attleboro, MA.  Maybe not in Omaha, NE.  If you look at the picture I posted in the OP, the last line on the 100% back part says 416TO513, so maybe the deal runs until May 13. 

Sounds like Sears is getting smarter about this 100% credit thing.

My sons and I were in my daughters town for a wedding in December. Rainy afternoon, so we were hanging out in the Sears hardware department while the ladies were shopping for clothes for the grandkids (how stereotypical!) when we saw a sign for a similar100% promo in hardware/outdoor. So, I bought some BBQ stuff to give to my son-in-law and got 100% credit - immediately.

WOW!

Took about 2 seconds to figure out how to take full advantage (or, as my wife says - "mercilessly abuse") that system.

So, I used all the points we had to buy more BBQ and some tool clearance stuff, then my sons got into it. Rinse and repeat and repeat... As soon as the points posted, we spent them (I don't think there was a limit, or it was pretty high) It took about an hour, but my sons and I cleaned them out, and only spent about $25 out of pocket among us. It took four of us three trips to the truck each just to haul it all out.
It was almost comical - it was a really slow day, so the kids at the register really got into helping us. They went hunting all over the hard lines area to find clearance things for us to buy. They were asking all the clerks in other departments to bring over their clearance stuff (my son kept joking it was like the scene from Monty Python "Bring our your dead"). Gardening stuff, tools, tool bags -  I even got some craftsman neckties. Anything that rang up with the bonus we kept, anything that didn't was immediately returned. When we finally ran out of things to buy, I called my my wife and daughter upstairs and they spent the last of the points on clothes for the grandkids they were going to buy anyway.

Yup, definitely in the fast lane for bankruptcy.

Assume cause it's 100% points don't roll.

sportsfan64 said:   
sdskees said:   
  Sears is pretty bad about putting signs out advertising things... or for that matter employees even knowing about these offers. There is a good chance the offer is going on, but you never really know until you check out.

What I did was when I got to the store that did not have the signs up, I bought a $3.99 item.  My receipt showed that I earned the bonus points back, so I bought more stuff.  If my receipt hadn't shown the points, I would have just returned the item.  You just have to test it and see if the deal is going on in your area.  I think the sign indicates the points back deal may be going on until May 13, if I'm reading the last line correctly.

Did the same trick. No go in one of the Central NJ store. Had not seen any sign in other two stores as well.

GoofyForDeals said:   Assume cause it's 100% points don't roll.
  That;s true. % points earned are always based on  out-of-pocket pre-tax amount.

thanks op

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017