Home Depot has Rescue 50 gallon Terra Cotta water urn flat-black rain barrels with integrated planter and diverter kits for a special buy price of $89.00.  Was priced at $120.24 for a $31.24 reduction.  Model # 2232-1.  Free shipping.  Choice of 3 colors.

• Enclosed System keeps out Mosquitoes and other harmful Pests
  • Diverter System causes water to flow into Barrel when its empty
  • Diverter redirects water to downspout when the Barrel is full

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RESCUE-50-Gal-Terra-Cotta-Water-Urn-F...

6 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Do you have to cut the downspout in order to fit the barrel under?

rated:
kenwallet said:   Do you have to cut the downspout in order to fit the barrel under?
 Yes, sort of.
You can get a diverter so you have to cut the down spout to put in the diverter.  

I remove the last 4 feet of downspout and during rain barrel season the water drops into the rain barrel.
I take the barrel down during the winter and re-attach the 4 ft piece.

Make sure you don't put rain barrel on the ground if you plan to use the water from the spigot.  
I have mine on cinder blocks+.  Need to be able to fit a bucket under the spigot.

rated:
This is a great price or this, but the 3 reviews on Amazon (for the sandstone colored one) are terrible.

rated:
I started out with 2 of these.  They are impossible to clean out with the algae on inside wall and at the bottom of the barrel that clogged up the water pipe.

Then I found the Suncast square w/lid rain barrel.  They don't look good as the urn rain barrel but much much easier to clean and much cheaper too.

rated:
Sam's had bigger ones for this price.

rated:
Costco sells these for 69.99 in-store.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017