posted 1 month ago by
j4mes
Senior Member - 1K

Bestbuy has the Yamaha RX-V381 BL on sale for $199. Lowest price I've seen so far. This is A very good 5.1 Surround system, I use this in A smaller room where the extra expense of 7.1 system, for me would be A waste of money. That being said It is still suitable for A large room when paired with quality speakers.

Yamaha RX-V381

• 5.1-Channel surround sound 700 Watt
  • Bluetooth® to stream music from your mobile device
  • 4K Ultra HD pass-through with HDCP 2.2 support
  • High dynamic range (HDR) and BT.2020 compatibility
  • YPAO™ sound optimization tuning for your home
  • Extra Bass to enhance bass output from smaller speakers
  • Virtual CINEMA FRONT

4 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Nice price, amazing the features & performance they are packing into budget receivers these days.

Two gripes - I really wish they would include screw terminals for the center channel as well as L/R speakers... and in my experience with recent Yamaha receivers, the basic YPAO (2015+) setup is wildly inaccurate in the same rooms in which I've had no issues with other brand's auto-setup procedure. After running the setup 3 times in my room I had to manually fix significant errors the auto configured distance, crossover frequency and LFE level. That said, the PEQ settings from YPAO for the room did improve clarity of center channel and imaging across the front soundstage compared with the flat EQ settings.

Solid review here: https://www.whathifi.com/yamaha/rx-v381/review

This is certainly a better buy than the frequently cited "best budget receiver" Denon BTS510BT at this price (which IS a good bit of kit), between this and the RX-A660 deal going at Best Buy/Amazon Yamaha is really shaking up the price competitive budget receiver market lately.

rated:
yuppiejr said:   Nice price, amazing the features & performance they are packing into budget receivers these days.

This is certainly a better buy than the frequently cited "best budget receiver" Denon BTS510BT at this price (which IS a good bit of kit), between this and the RX-A660 deal going at Best Buy /Amazon Yamaha is really shaking up the price competitive budget receiver market lately.

This is a yearly event. The new Yamaha receivers hit the shelves next month so a clear out on the 2016 models is underway. Happened the past few years I've payed attention too.

edit: If you buy with a CC that does price matching don't forget to set up a forum alert here and a camelcamelcamel alert to get yourself proof of a (possibly) even cheaper price in the next few weeks.

rated:
yuppiejr said:   Nice price, amazing the features & performance they are packing into budget receivers these days.

Two gripes - I really wish they would include screw terminals for the center channel as well as L/R speakers... and in my experience with recent Yamaha receivers, the basic YPAO (2015+) setup is wildly inaccurate in the same rooms in which I've had no issues with other brand's auto-setup procedure. After running the setup 3 times in my room I had to manually fix significant errors the auto configured distance, crossover frequency and LFE level. That said, the PEQ settings from YPAO for the room did improve clarity of center channel and imaging across the front soundstage compared with the flat EQ settings.

Solid review here: https://www.whathifi.com/yamaha/rx-v381/review

This is certainly a better buy than the frequently cited "best budget receiver" Denon BTS510BT at this price (which IS a good bit of kit), between this and the RX-A660 deal going at Best Buy /Amazon Yamaha is really shaking up the price competitive budget receiver market lately.

The Yamaha I picked up a couple of years ago on a year end clearance has all screw terminals.  They're especially nice if you pick up a set of banana jacks.  

rated:
Excellent deal !

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017