posted 48 years ago by
almost40

I haven't seen it go on sale since Christmas.  

My father-in-law strongly hinted that this is what he really had wanted for Christmas, so it will be his Father's Day gift.  

S/H is another 9.95.

7.5% back at ebates

Ancestry.com 

Views
13 Comments
Add Comment
Just a question...are the DNA results confidential??

The terms 'private' and 'confidential' are subjective today IMO:

Here's the link to theiir legalese explanation:

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/en/legal/us/privacyStatement

How does this compare to the $30 DNA tests that Groupon et al often offer?

smokeycatrules said:   Just a question...are the DNA results confidential??

Yeah sure, They tell the judge to take a hike when they get a supoena

OneStepAhead - I recently ordered the kit from 23andMe. After doing research, there are more and more companies offering this kind of service, but it sounded like AncestryDNA and 23andMe were the best ones, provide the most detail and whatnot. There were a lot of complaints about the older version of AncestryDNA's service but they've apparently upgraded their process and now provide more information. I am still waiting on the results from 23andMe, but was tempted to try both to compare them. With this sale, I might now.

smokeycatrules said:   Just a question...are the DNA results confidential??
  If you want confidentiality, make a tin foil hat and move to the woods.  Otherwise, assume everything will eventually get out and live accordingly.  If you don't want to know that you have half-siblings or illegitimate children?  Don't get a DNA test. 

Ancestry Genetic Communities (still in beta) is also on sale right now for $79. 

thanks, glendacc

Don't bother if you are asian as the result will say 98% asian.  RIP OFF

How do these tests add any value to my life?

You might want to look into who owns Ancestry.com, can't say who 'cos it violates the fatwallet no "r" word rule, and what that group does to your dead ancestors with the information they get, that you've just funded. Caffeine free magic underpants.

interesting deal

Anyone know The difference between all these?  It is hard to determine the correct kit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017